Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Day 40 and counting

Business day 40 and counting on my June Special. Will be 60 calendar days on Sunday. What great service.

Comments

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Hey, shhh! The graders might read this and give you all PSA 4s!!!!!!! image

Don't forget to subtract 3 business days for the National.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    Having subtracted 3 business days for the National, I am at 50 business days and counting. But then again, there was no guaranteed turnaround time either.

NathanSr
    Successful purchases: Lawnmowerman(2), Wabittwax, mkg809, thePlasticman

Successful sales: xphunk, vjsteele4, onefasttalon, five7teen, yankeeno7

Successful trades: mijang

Generous Souls: MBMiler25, DES1984
  • Options
    kimo75kimo75 Posts: 263 ✭✭
    my 40 days does deduct out 3 for the National and July 4. Guarantee or not.....still ridiculous.
  • Options
    I've seen a lot of complaints about service lately...but don't recall one complaint about the price when the special was offered. PSA offers multiple options with guaranteed turnaround times. Perhaps looking into one of those options would be more acceptable?
  • Options
    kimo75kimo75 Posts: 263 ✭✭
    Correct. But whether they promise a turn time or not, it is ridiculous to wait 60 calendar days and see submissions that come in after mine get graded. No way to justify that, no matter how you slice it.
  • Options
    Gumbyfan-

Who are you directing this question too? I stated there was no guarantee.

NathanSr
    Successful purchases: Lawnmowerman(2), Wabittwax, mkg809, thePlasticman

Successful sales: xphunk, vjsteele4, onefasttalon, five7teen, yankeeno7

Successful trades: mijang

Generous Souls: MBMiler25, DES1984
  • Options

<< <i>Gumbyfan-

Who are you directing this question too? I stated there was no guarantee.

NathanSr >>

It wasn't directed toward anyone in particular...just a general statement based on the numerous threads lately with sarcasm about "great service" on a special without service guarantees. Hope I didn't offend.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Does anyone ever get the paranoid idea that the graders log in here, figure out who's subs are who's, and punish accordingly?
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options

<< <i>Correct. But whether they promise a turn time or not, it is ridiculous to wait 60 calendar days and see submissions that come in after mine get graded. No way to justify that, no matter how you slice it. >>

There's a number of very easy ways to justify that.

1) It's a manual process. Humans review the cards and like it or not, they probably can't all grade at the same speed. Some graders specialize in vintage, some in modern. Some may have a preference toward the specific types of cards they grade and if they can knock out a lot of 100 1975 Topps mini's in the same time someone else can grade a mixed lot of 25 cards, then so be it.

2) I have seen posts recently by Carol announcing that they're still hiring graders. If they are short staffed, the non-guaranteed submissions suffer. It's business.

3) They were at the National since you submitted and certainly took in quite a few orders in person from individuals who were willing to pay a little more for a guaranteed turnaround time. Thus they need to direct their time and attention to the orders they lose money on if not finished in time.

You got in on a special with no guaranteed turnaround time at a much lower rate than the guaranteed turnarounds. Non-special bulk submissions are guaranteed at 45 business days. I don't know if you submitted 25 cards or 2,500. While I would understand anxious anticipation, I cannot understand anger or frustration.

You get what you pay for...
  • Options
    My last sub was soooooo long that I just haven't sent any subs for 4 months!! I got sick of the long waits! What really ticked me off is when I decided to shell out $13 per card/5 day service (approximate) and had to wait 12 business days. That was the last straw! Poor service in my book!
    Paul