Home Sports Talk

PHILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM

JS

Comments

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate to break it to you Silly fans, but you're in still in second place. We've seen this cycle before: Sillies play well for a few games, Mets stink for a few games, but just when you guys start clogging up the threads with nonsense like this thread, you fade back where you belong and you have to go to page 3 to find a Sillies thread from the cracker jack fan club of Stevey Boy K and the Boy Wonder Kevin. This year will be no different!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This time is different Jerry and you know it. Pets fans were strutting around like peacoks all summer and now your feathers not only got ruffled...your feathers are about to be plucked! Even if the Pets make the playoffs which they probably will...they are certain losers because the Pets team has no heart when it comes to winning a championship.

BYE BYE PETS!
    Even if the Pets make the playoffs which they probably will...

I love the way you cover all possibilities, but throwing that little caveat in! Are you in politics? Admit it, deep down, you know the Mets are the superior team, that's why you know they're going to win the East! One thing about Silly fans, you guys get real excited over winning absolutely NOTHING. image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

<< <i>Even if the Pets make the playoffs which they probably will...

I love the way you cover all possibilities, but throwing that little caveat in! Are you in politics? Admit it, deep down, you know the Mets are the superior team, that's why you know they're going to win the East! One thing about Silly fans, you guys get real excited over winning absolutely NOTHING. image >>

Pets are the superior team on paper, but remember Jerry that baseball games are not played on paper, the games are played by real players at the stadium...look that one up Jerry...it's not an Aesop's Fable. LOL
    Pets are the superior team on paper, but remember Jerry that baseball games are not played on paper, the games are played by real players at the stadium...look that one up Jerry...it's not an Aesop's Fable. LOL

Spoken like a true politician...acknowledging the Mets superiority while stating the obvious, another Stevey Boy Classic! image

• Hey Stalin, would you please take 30 or 40 exclamation points out of your thread title so my screen will appear normal again? Thanks!

• << <i>Hey Stalin, would you please take 30 or 40 exclamation points out of your thread title so my screen will appear normal again? Thanks! >>

What, you still running a 14" CRT monitor or what?

And you have to love the epic collapse happening at Shea...4 straight losses to a team you absolutely have to beat, heading in to September no less.

• <<And you have to love the epic collapse happening at Shea...4 straight losses to a team you absolutely have to beat, heading in to September no less.>>

One can say the same thing about the Red Sox.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
    And you have to love the epic collapse happening at Shea...4 straight losses to a team you absolutely have to beat, heading in to September no less.

Kinda reminds me of the M's being swept at home in the heat of the wildcard chase!

Sweep the Mets
    Sweep the Mets
    Come right out and Sweep the Mets...

Sweep the Mets
    Sweep the Mets
    Come right out and Sweep the Mets...

You love those notes, don't ya Stevey?

• <<And you have to love the epic collapse happening at Shea>>

I am not a Mets fan and in fact I root against them, but do you hate everything New York?

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Ill admit, losing Hamels for a bit and then getting destroyed by the Dodgers and Padres back to back really hurt but did these guys just
    suck it up or what? The offense just blew up! Utley looked like he didn't miss a step and Pat the Bat is a MET KILLA! Howard cracked some
    and so did Rollins, heck we even gave you a shot by putting in Alfonsucka, and you still coudn't hold us off.

I can only imagine the Mets getting on the plane losing 4 in a row to a rabid Phillies crowd. I don't think they will recover from this.

Kevin
    Jerry doesn't understand that the Phillies have heart and the Pets don't. When he's watching the Phillies play in the World Series this October, then he'll finally understand. Ha!
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    boy their hot!!!!!!!!!!!!

i would love to see them make the playoffs and win the east
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• << <i><<And you have to love the epic collapse happening at Shea>>

I am not a Mets fan and in fact I root against them, but do you hate everything New York? >>

Don't hate it, just find the arrogance of their so-called fans to be the most annoying. Throw in the overdose of coverage of everything NY in the sports media and you have a recipe for someone rooting against teams from NY.

• Don't you know as in any city, there are Yankee or Mets fans who stick with their team thick and thin? Do you think rooting for a New York team makes those fans any different? There are Fair Weather fans in any city and in any sport!

• The reason for the Mets recent mini-collapse (there have been many this season), and why the Mets are not DOMINATING the Phils and Braves like last season, can be easily found by reading my Signature....

But regardless, the Mets at their worst are still the BEST! And this is no opinion; anyone with some spare change stuck in-between their couch cushions can verify this FACT by buying a newspaper and looking at the NL East standings (ouch!!)

IHateHeilman
    I ***PRAY*** to the Baseball gods that Mets GM Omar Minaya will be shown the light, and understand that despite great hitting, starting pitching, fielding, the bench and closers (Wagner)--IT MEANS NOTHING BECAUSE THE MIDDLE RELIEVERS BLOW THE GAME HALF THE TIME!

P.S. Minaya--between Heilman, Mota, Lawrence, Pelfrey, Sele,Shoneweis, etc, you couldn't have traded them for at least one decent middle reliever before the trading deadline???

• << <i>Don't you know as in any city, there are Yankee or Mets fans who stick with their team thick and thin? Do you think rooting for a New York team makes those fans any different? There are Fair Weather fans in any city and in any sport! >>

Maybe its because so many of the so-called 'fans' here are the ones who are only around for the good times.
  • <<Maybe its because so many of the so-called 'fans' here are the ones who are only around for the good times.>>

Well, I am not a Fair Weather Fan and have avidly rooted for the Yankees in good times and bad, even when the Yanks had a .400+ winning percentage. Maybe if you didn't make so many accusations to people on this forum you wouldn't get grief and might even get a little respect.

Well, I am not a Fair Weather Fan and have avidly rooted for the Yankees in good times and bad, even when the Yanks had a .400+ winning percentage. Maybe if you didn't make so many accusations to people on this forum you wouldn't get grief and might even get a little respect.

You may as well be wishing for world peace.

The only reason he's even posting in this thread is because of his irrational hatred for all things NY.

• WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    I am a fair -weather Phillies fan, but that doesn't make it any less exciting.

Wondo

• kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Just as i thought sillies blew there wad against the mets. and lost 2 of 3 to the fish. wasnt expecting a mets sweep of atlanta but how sweet it is!!!

braves are on life support from the playoffs. and they traded most of there top prospects for mark texieria.. who is not chipper jones or pat burrell to the mets. he did nothing this most important series for them.
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just as i thought sillies blew there wad against the mets. and lost 2 of 3 to the fish. >>

I don't think today's home plate umpire will be on Jimmy Rollins' Christmas card list.
  • ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Phillies might still be close, if Atlanta had known how to play baseball this weekend. The Braves are pathetic.
    Wow, things sure have a way of working out the way they're supposed to...

Wonder where Kevin & Stevey Boy have been all weekend, not a post between them about those Sillies?

Can't say I'm surprised those Sillies are folding like a cheap tent once again as soon as they get "close" to the NL East champs. Must be too much pressure for them.

Hmmmmmmm...

A few expected losses after a good adrenaline rush sweep against the Pets. It's going to be a very interesting September. Pets better pray they don't meet the Phillies in the playoffs or it will be Bye Bye Pets. But in any event, the Pets will not be in the World Series anyway. So Jerry don't worry yourself about trying to get World Series tickets unless you want to drive down and watch the Phillies beat Boston in the World Series.
    A few expected losses

That's about the only accurate part in your entire post, Steve! image

• joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    The Phils are winning with NO pitching..how freaking scary is that? When Hamels gets back the Mets better be hoping that they can get in
    at the wild card spot!

JS
    When Hamels gets back the Mets better be hoping that they can get in
    at the wild card spot!

Same old story from the delusional Stalin. Guess you forgot that Hamels has only missed about 3 weeks out of the last 5 months.

Face it, Joey, Sillies SUCK and will never pass the Mets in the standings!

Edit: This just in, Sillies get PASTED again by the same Braves the Mets just swept, while Mets continue to keep winning, Lead is now 5 games! That 4-game sweep has now been rendered meaningless by this weekend! image