Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

$150 reason to snipe

Sad thing is the auto is crappy as Chrome and autos dont mix too well but I HAVE to have it to add to my other 27 DIFFERENT (no exxageration) 2005 Bowman Draft versions of him.

If I would of sniped. Probally saved $150. Ok, I think I might start using it more now. lol

ebay
imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    That is the purpose of a snipe so you don't get into a bidding war so it can save your money in the end.
  • Options
    Yeah, thats what I said.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I use a different form of sniping to save myself money. I actually find out who the high bidder is, get his address, and then shoot him. That way he can't bid me up any more.
  • Options
    imageimage

Yeah thats right I added 2 funnies. Put one and then HAD to add a different icon and erase it and then add another funny just so you could have 2 funnies. I would do 3 but thats alot of work and Im at work already trying to avoid that.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    chbchb Posts: 212

<< <i>I use a different form of sniping to save myself money. I actually find out who the high bidder is, get his address, and then shoot him. That way he can't bid me up any more >>

My gunshot wounds are healing nicely now (thanks for the get well cards). Lesson learned.
  • Options
    For board members, I usually aim for the shoulder. Don't nobody bid on those there cards I like!
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    The other bidder looks like a good ebayer, but it almost reeks of shilling. Note how he initially stops just shy of the $100 threshold (with his $99.99 bid), then stops just shy of $200, not wanting to bump you out of the high bid spot.

Not making any accusations, but it certainly walks and talks like a shill bidder.....
  • Options
    I agree. I think you were shilled. This card is unlike anything the 2nd bidder has bought. Looks like another crooked grab bag dealer who only buys and sells junk.
  • Options
    I agree. I emailed seller and offered $120 to BIN. No response.

Other bidder sells $4 "Everything must go" lots but he is bidding on more low end stock to flip and only keepers for his PC seem to be Braves or was it Tigers items. Only thing in his favor is he's in LA so he might have a store and could flip the card. At least I want to believe that.

If it was a shill he bid small so Id easily outbid him. Either way Im watching the other bidder and I'll see if he bids on another Dodger ever. Not that I can do anything......uh nevermind.

My buddy says shill but I cant find any concrete evidence.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Could I contact ebay and would they do anything? I guess all they could do is see if the accts are same person right and is so would Paypal give me the dfference?

In the end I want the card and if I have to pay more than I should of well.....so be it.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    if he has to sell his entire collection due to financial hardship, what the hell is he doing bidding almost $200 on a single card?