Home Sports Talk
Options

Most future pros in a college football game?

I was watching the 2003 orange bowl between Miami and Ohio State on ESPN classic last night and was thinking that that game had to be the 1 game that produced the most future pros.

Andre Johnson
Michael Jenkins
Roscoe Parrish
Chris Gamble
Shaun Taylor
DJ williams
Ken dorsey
Craig Krenzel
Kellen winslow
mike nugent
Nick mangold
jonathon vilma
mike doss
maurice clarett
Ben hartsock

those are the ones i noticed. Im sure i forgot to write some people down, as well as might not have noticed some. I know AJ hawk would have been on the team, not sure if he saw any action though.

Well ESPN classic is starting the texas-USC championship game now, lots of pros in that one too.
My baseball and MMA articles-
http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey

Comments

• Options
    Was listening to ESPN and they said one of the recent USC teams had 9 players on defense who were drafted.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    yep. AJ Hawk was on the field that nite.
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    that's not even close. I think it was the 89 (either 88 or 89) where there were over 40 eventual pro players between Miami and Florida State
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>that's not even close. I think it was the 89 (either 88 or 89) where there were over 40 eventual pro players between Miami and Florida State >>

Yeah, not sure what the record is. The game now on classic ('04 Rosebowl w/ USC vs Michigan) has like 41 if my count is right on the draft records I looked at. I don't think all of them got to play, but I see that most of them did.
  • Options
    The list i made wasnt all of them, just waht i noticed while watching, I wouldnt recognize most of the linemans (O and D) names, so there could be a heck of a lot more. I didnt expect it to be the most of all time but man, i didnt expect 40! They all played? not just on the roster?
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>The list i made wasnt all of them, just waht i noticed while watching, I wouldnt recognize most of the linemans (O and D) names, so there could be a heck of a lot more. I didnt expect it to be the most of all time but man, i didnt expect 40! They all played? not just on the roster? >>

Those were just the roster players drafted as I said (with the Michigan/USC game), but most did see some time in the game. That doesn't even include any possible free agent players either, so the number could be higher.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The list i made wasnt all of them, just waht i noticed while watching, I wouldnt recognize most of the linemans (O and D) names, so there could be a heck of a lot more. I didnt expect it to be the most of all time but man, i didnt expect 40! They all played? not just on the roster? >>

Those were just the roster players drafted as I said (with the Michigan/USC game), but most did see some time in the game. That doesn't even include any possible free agent players either, so the number could be higher. >>

WOW! That is alot of talent