Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

What PSA grades do you think these ARod rookies will be?

Hello - These are not 4 sale but I am curious if I should bother sending these in for grading? Both are 94 SP UD foil rookies one is regular the other is the die cut. Both are definately not 10s I am not even sure they would be 8s? The dust is on my scanner these cards are clean dust free. they both do not have scratches or finger prints which are on the card savers.

here is the front at a 200% scan

Front Scan

here is the back at a 200% scan

Back Scan

I say they are both 6s or 7s?

what do you all think?

TIA

Tim

Comments

• Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I think the die cut is a 7 and the regular one has a shot at an 8.

With as hot as ARod stuff still is though, you might be right with your 6/7 guesses.
  • Options
    I'd say you have a decent shot at an 8 with the regular, but the diecut is gonna get hammered for the chipped/ding corner on both sides, and what looks in the scan to be a rough top edge.

To me, the regular is for sure a 7 and has potential for 8. The diecut ought to be a 7, but considering how popular ARod is and how obvious that corner is on both sides, a 6 wouldn't shock me.
    Nolan Ryan & Edgar Martinez are my favorite players...
    mosaic's Nolan Ryan Basic Topps registry set
    mosaic's Big 3 Nolan Ryan Run Showcase
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    well I can't complain either way the condition because these cards were given to me for free! I wasnt sure if they were worth sending in under the almost done $13 grading special or wait for another $5 special or just send them in on my next modern $6 per card bulk order.

I will wait for the next $5 special just to slab em and put them in protection. its worth the $5 slab imo even if they both come back 4s these rookie cards will always be worth something now that he is in the 500 HR club...

Also fwiw the regular issue card has a nasty smash on the left edge right around his arm and on the back it is not as obvious but its definatley there and noticable under the naked eye. I might have to even say the regular might be a 5 and the die cut a 6. Well at least they were saved from the fire pit that they were headed to...