Home Sports Talk
Options

Who hopes the Yankees do not make the playoffs?

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
And conversely, who (besides ESPN) hopes that the Yankees do make the playoffs?

Comments

• Options
    RangermanRangerman Posts: 276 ✭✭
    They MUST make the playoffs since it is great for baseball, which needs some help this Fall.image
    Rangerman / ARMEDPILOT

B)
  • Options
    A day without the Yanks in the playoffs is like a day without sunshine!

Everyone knows that image.
  • Options
    Yankees suck, Jeter Swallows lol

my favorite T-shirt I see around here in boston
  • Options
    I dont think they Yankees will get very far if they make the post season. I'd prefer to see some different teams mixing it up.
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    I hope they not only make the play-offs, but hope they over take Boston and win the division.

Signed: An Angels fan...........cause we got da Yankees numba
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    The Yankees stink I hope they don't make the playoffs. It's time for some new teams in the playoffs. I think it would be nice to see a team with such a large salary choke. Send some of that money on some pitching and give Arod 35 million so their team salary will be about 270 millon next year and miss the playoffs again.
    biged
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if they do end up making the playoffs I would LOVE to see the Red Sox knock them out in Yankee stadium, this is the only scenario where I would enjoy them being in the playoffs....
  • Options
    I agree
    biged
  • Options
    Just for ha has in the ALCS I would love to see the Yankees go down 3-0 against the Red Sox and then the Yankees win 4 straight on route to their 40th AL Pennant and 27th World Championship. The climax is when in the 11th inning of Game 7 at Fenway Park Jorge gets thrown out for arguing a called strike, and backup Catcher Jose Molina hits a Grand Slam in the 12th inning and the Yankees win it. image

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    It would serve a lot of people justice if the yanks don't make the playoffs: ESPN and MLB, for throwing up the same 'big media market' BS excuse every time they are on a prime time game (even when they were sub .500 and stunk), and would definitely serve those arrogant ny 'fans' who think the postseason is a god-given right for the yanks to make the postseason.

• Options
    My question for you sir is how high does your Blood Pressure go every time the Yankees make the playoffs? AL Pennant? World Series?

I would guess:

150 over 100 = Playoffs
    180 over 110 = AL Pennant
    200 over 120 = World Series

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."