Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Has anyone ever had posted grades change after a few days? I just did and I'm not very happy.

Hi Guys, I was sent a PSA email notice that my grades on a four card lot were finalized and ready for viewing on 8/24. I went in and the grades were one PSA 9 and three PSA 10s. No deliverery date yet. Needless to say, I was very happy. Then I got an PSA email notice three days later on 8/27 for the same four card lot that stated that the grades were finalized and ready for viewing. Not thinking much of it, I went in again to see if the lot has shipped and one of the 10s was changed to an 8. Still no delivery date. I'm not sure what to make of this change but a downgrade from a 10 to an 8 is pretty big value wise. A customer rep at PSA says that the computer only shows the changed version and doesn't know what happen. I wish I knew what if anything I could do to get back the 10 but I'm sure that I couldn't do anything at this point. I didn't print out the page with the PSA 10 version because I didn't think that I would need proof of the grades later. Has anyone else ever had this happen to them? Do I have any recourse at this point? Neil

Comments

• sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Was the card a ten or an eight? If it was an eight, I'm guessing a clerical that was caught.
  • rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    ive never heard of that before,that would suck,10 to 8is big time $ diff,sorry that sucks
    randy
  • I was wondering when this particular event was going to occur. Maybe something happened during the encapsulation process? This would be pure speculation since I am unfamiliar with the process. Are grades posted prior to encapsulation?

NathanSr
    Successful purchases: Lawnmowerman(2), Wabittwax, mkg809, thePlasticman

Successful sales: xphunk, vjsteele4, onefasttalon, five7teen, yankeeno7

Successful trades: mijang

Generous Souls: MBMiler25, DES1984
  • WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I was wondering when this particular event was going to occur. Maybe something happened during the encapsulation process? This would be pure speculation since I am unfamiliar with the process. Are grades posted prior to encapsulation?

NathanSr >>

I would guess that they are not posted until encapsulation process is done. They have always shipped almost immediately from when they post, usually the same day.

I guessing this is a clerical error.
  • My last submission of autographed Perez-Steele postcards before this one of autographed Cowboybilia cards had a lot of 10s. I called after seeing the grades to make sure that my excitement about the grades would not be premature. I also wanted to know when to expect them to be shipped. I was told that the grades were finalized but the items were not yet slabbed so it would be another day before they were shipped. All of the postcards came in without any downgrades or surprises. I am wondering if something happened to this card between the posting of the grades and the slabbing that caused it to be downgraded. This type of card is easily damaged if you are not really careful with handling it. I'd like to trust that the folks at PSA would make good on a mistake like this but perhaps the grader might sweep it under the rug rather than man up on the mistake. I know what the card looked like and it had a real shot at a 10 although I would not have been too disappointed with a 9. However, since the entire set is PSA 9 and 10 - a PSA 8 is almost worthless to my set. Do I have any avenues to go down to find out what really happened? Perhaps I'll never know. Neil
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    do you have a pic of the card before you sent it in? otherwise its a he said- she said debate. my best advise is to email Joe Orlando about the situation.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    I've had a similar experience. Take the "now" PSA 8 cert number and punch it into the data base. In my past experience the cert will show as the original grade, or it will show nothing assigned (card dosen't exist)
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • I entered the now 8 cert number. It came up an 8. I'm going to call PSA again and see if I can find out what happened. Neil
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    Do you have anything that shows the 10 grade, other than your memory? Did you print out the grades right away?
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Hi Guys, I just spoke with Kristie Gallant from PSA. I have worked with her many times with issues that I have had with submissions. Not only do I believe that she is the best customer rep that PSA has, I also trust her. After checking into it for me, she told me that I received the email on 8/24 by mistake. The grades were not finalized until 8/27 and that the 10 posting was entered in error at the first stage of the grading process and was later corrected during the final stage of the process. I believe her and the matter will no longer be an issue with me. Considering the highest one of this card ever graded was a PSA 4, I suppose I did pretty well with a PSA 8. At least it is a one of one with none higher. Neil
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Neil, glad to hear you got it worked out... Sorry about the no 10 though...
  • shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A customer rep at PSA says that the computer only shows the changed version and doesn't know what happen. >>

<< <i>I called after seeing the grades to make sure that my excitement about the grades would not be premature. >>

<< <i>I also wanted to know when to expect them to be shipped. I was told that the grades were finalized but the items were not yet slabbed so it would be another day before they were shipped. >>

<< <i>It came up an 8. I'm going to call PSA again and see if I can find out what happened. >>

<< <i>Hi Guys, I just spoke with Kristie Gallant from PSA. >>

<< <i>I have worked with her many times with issues that I have had with submissions. >>

Hey Neil,

Maybe if you'd stop calling PSA every day, they could get caught back up on everyone else's submissions.

"Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • As your name states it "shouldabeena10" - but it turned out to be an 8. Neil
  • shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

"Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    Neil,
    It just happened to me!!! I had a 1963 #61 Ernie Bowman that would of been only the third card to grade 9 changed to an 8. I received the grades on Wed 9/5 and it was a 9, today I get another email saying my grades are posted and now its an 8. UNBELIEVEABLE.