Home Sports Talk
Options

BUT WILLIE, WE JUST CAN'T THROW IT BY HIM

Please don't make us pitch to Chase Utley again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,
Mets Pitching

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, Lots of smack coming from a guy whose team is still 6 games down!

How's that Cole Hamels doing these days, anyway? image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    chase is a stud, no doubt, but it might be too little too late.
    Phillies are sunk without Cole.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭

<< <i>LOL, Lots of smack coming from a guy whose team is still 6 games down!

How's that Cole Hamels doing these days, anyway? image >>

Ah, make that 5 games behind, and it will be 4 soon.

I agree losing Cole for a stretch isn't that good, but when you are lighting up the Padres and the Mets back to back nights
    who cares what the pitching does!

Kevin
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sincerely hope the Phillies meet the Pets for the NL pennant. Phillies win that series laughing.
  • Options
    HOWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)

Sincerely,
    Mets Bullpen

4 games
  • Options
    *YAWN*

We've been through this before, but you guys inevitably slide back as soon as you get close. Pretty soon there won't be any games left, either!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    The Phillies are killing the Mets with a triple A pitching staff..what is going to happen when Cole Cy Young gets healthy? Holy
    crap, Mets are in trouble!

Kevin
  • Options

And who's that on the horizon for the Mets??? Can it be, Pedro, just in time to drive the stake through the heart of all Sillioe fans?? Say it isn't so!!

• Options
    Pedro sucks, over the hill..maybe good for a few innings of relief, but the phillies would make him look foolish. You know that, I know
    that, and Willie knows that!

JS
  • Options
    Pedro sucks, over the hill..maybe good for a few innings of relief, but the phillies would make him look foolish. You know that, I know
    that, and Willie knows that!

We all also know that the Sillies have no chance at winning the NL East, either!

• Options
    These guys want it. There is no way that a broken down Adam Eaton is better than the Mets lineup, but tonight he
    was, dualed Glavine and helped his team win....its called desire, these guys have it. Why isn't the Howard HR movie
    on MLB.com??

JS
  • Options
    oh man, just caught the highlights. Howard crushed that ball to the opposite field! Talk about a knife in the heart. MAN O MAN

JS
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Royals made the Mets look stupid when they got Brian Bannister for Burgos. Bannister is 11-7 for KC with a 3.25 ERA and will get some votes for ROY. Burgos has only pitched 23 innings for the Mets.

I would guess Bannister would have at least 15 wins for the Mets so far this year and would be their top starter if they had been smart enough to keep him. Thanks Mets, our new Royals GM took you to the cleaners.
  • Options
    Pets are fading faster than a rabbit being chased by a pack of hounds. Soon it will be "Bye Bye Pets" for the season.
  • Options
    We will see what happens at the end of the year. Phillies will choke like they do every year just kike the Eagles and Flyers.
    biged
  • Options
    THIS JUST IN:

SALE OF BEDS IN NEW YORK GO UP 300%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now THAT was domination!

Sincerely,
    Phils Fan
  • Options
    Still 3 games up, Sparky! Sillies will FADE as usual! Enjoy your moment in the sun, Lord knows you'll be back in the woodshed come October!

• Options
    The Mets will not recover from this pasting. bye bye

JS
  • Options
    The Mets will not recover from this pasting. bye bye

Just remember that when it's time for you to crawl under the bed again this October when the Mets clinch!

• Options
    The Yankees have a better record than the Mets now.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    The Yankees have a better record than the Mets now.

I'm sure they'd prefer to have the Mets record with a 3-game lead in the division, though.

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    said i wouldnt talk about baseball till september.. but hey 2 days away.

phillies playing one heck of a series. hats off to them. problem is just like the braves. you guys will throw this great series at the mets! then get smushed in the next series this weekend.

last 13 games of the season. phillies have to play the braves. mets play florida and washington. so i have no worries!

OHH AND THE HOMEPLATE UMP MUST BE BETTING ON THE GAMES LIKE THE NBA GUY! HIS STRIKE ZONE WAS JUST INSANE IN FAVOr OF THE PHILLIES. CALL AT THE END OF THE GAME THOUGH WAS THE RIGHT CALL BY CB BUCKNER. as much as i cant stand cb buckner he made the right call there.
  • Options
    2007 Mets season - RIP
  • Options
    2007 Mets season - RIP

Stevey,

Remember that fable I told you about with the fox and the grapes a few months back?

Well, it's time for the one about counting your chickens after that latest ludicrous post of yours! Pull up a chair!

• Options

Sweep the Mets
    Sweep the Mets
    Come right out and Sweep the Mets...

• Options

Sweep the Mets
    Sweep the Mets
    Come right out and Sweep the Mets...

C'mon Stevey, you can do better than just copying and pasting the same old recycled refrains...