Options

Surprise NFL team on a negative note for 2007

gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
This should be for teams that are 'supposed' to be good this year. I vote for:

1-Saints (defense stinks)
2-Jets (offense isn't great)
3-Bengals (OL stinks)

I think the following teams will be good, but not as good as everyone thinks:
1-Chargers (maybe 10-6). I don't have confidence in Turner as a Head Coach.
2-Colts (same, although their division isn't the greatest so they may go 11-5 or 12-4). Losing Tarik Glenn (LT) and 4 defensive starters will hurt.
3-Bears (10-6, maybe). R-E-X

Comments

• Options
    Yea I dont think the saints will surprise anyone this year but still think they can make the playoffs. The Jets go as there QB does imo.

Dont get me started on Turner, cant believe he got the job. That said dont think they are as good as their record last year but still playoff bound.

Colts not head and shoulders above the rest but still in the hunt. Don't think the bears even have 10-6 in them and good shot to miss the playoffs.

• Options
    I think the Bears are going to stumble a bit this year, they still don't have a QB and their division has improved.
    ----------------------------------------
    Currently working on:
    1955 Topps All-American
    George Brett Master Set
    2009 A&G's
  • Options
    Saints could very well vie for the top NFC spot this year, and Brees could easily be a MVP candidate.

But the Jets most likely will stumble from where they finished last year, as they were playing above their heads.
    Ravens will finish several games lower, new RB and a year older defense.
    Titans will finish a few games worse than last year as well.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bears will not even make the playoffs, Grossman and Benson? No chance IMO
  • Options
    The Chargers fire the coach who was 14-2 last year but had a reputation for losing the big important games and then hire Norv Turner
    who has bounced around to I don't remember how many teams but has only shown that he should never be a head coach at all.

If Norv Turner was the best they could find to take over a 14-2 team that says something about the reputation of the owner and it is
    not good.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This should be for teams that are 'supposed' to be good this year. I vote for:

3-Bengals (OL stinks)

2-Colts (same, although their division isn't the greatest so they may go 11-5 or 12-4). Losing Tarik Glenn (LT) and 4 defensive starters will hurt.
    3-Bears (10-6, maybe). R-E-X >>

Let's re-visit this thread, shall we? I should have had the guts to put some money where my mouth is!
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    It goes week to week for my Lions!! Never know what to expect!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>This should be for teams that are 'supposed' to be good this year. I vote for:

3-Bengals (OL stinks)

3-Bears (10-6, maybe). R-E-X >>

Let's re-visit this thread, shall we? I should have had the guts to put some money where my mouth is! >>

The Jets were supposed to be good?

I'm surprised at how unkempt the Bengals look. I knew their D wasn't the greatest, but it looks really crappy right now.

Bears will go 9-7...with most wins coming because of their D of course...even with Greasy playing now.

I definitely agree with your take on the Chargers, Colts, and Saints, though. Saints are REALLY gonna be hurting now with Deuce out.

The team I think is really going to turn some heads, though is Tampa Bay. They have a good chance of beating Carolina on Sunday...especially if Delhomme ends up sitting. Starting in week 6, they have a real easy schedule ahead of them.
  • Options
    Does anyone know who were the other Chargers HC candidates behind Norv Turner??