Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

George Washington Hair from Ginter on ebay

2»

Comments

• I didnt get this from the seller, just passing along "alleged" info.....

"ebay pulled it because i catogorized it under baseball cards it is a baseball card from 2007 topps allen & ginter they now admit they made a mistake but to late now so i had to relist"

Ebay does crap like this all of the time. EBay removed my listing titled:

"2007 Topps #630 Daisuke Matsuzaka Japanese No Signature" Ebay said I was spamming those that were looking for a signature card. What EBay does not know is that there is a version with a signature and a rarer version without a signature. How could this be spamming????

imageimageimage
  • Might get pulled for other reasons hair is on the banned items on Ebay unless it is in a locket. Text
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Might get pulled for other reasons hair is on the banned items on Ebay unless it is in a locket. Text >>

I guess I'll never get that chance to buy Napolean's penis on ebay
  • What about that dude that Griffey Jr. gave his jock too? Is he gonna sell that to Topps. I mean, come on, talk about rare. What will the companies resort to next? I mean the Bruce Lee relic is cool, but someone's hair? Their DNA? I say let's buy it and clone him.
  • There are 2,459 real human hair lots on eBay right now.....ponytails, locks of hair outside lockets, wigs, etc.
    Looks like eBay won't pull an auction of locks of hair unless the person selling it would say it was contaminated with dandruff, cut from a leper....etc. Here is a link to the search I just did.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=human+hair&category0=
  • Then again Ebay may pull it if it gets reported. Cap Guns without the orange plugs are not legal on Ebay, but there are almost always a couple of hundred on at a time. Many times the sellers of these item will report others selling this stuff to eliminate competition.
  • Or self reporting so you avoid the fees and get another 10 days of exposure.

Exposure is everything !!! This one time in college.....

j/k I never went to college.
    imageimageimage
  • rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    ha-good way to get rid of the competition i suppose if you're that hard up!!!!!!!ebay is pretty petty about stupid stuff anymore, ive gone a round or two with em on the phone for pulling my stuff, i just put it right back on, like a 45th infantry division us army patch has a swastica,which is actually a native american indian symbol 1st,not german,so i finally got it thru their stupid heads that it wasnt a nazi item after showing them it was a us army patch in 2 diff military patch guides,, and old guys from ww2 that were in the 45th, you people are denying them the right to own their patch,just because of your stupid rule, they changed it after i did about 5 shut up and let me talk to your boss,its easist to start at the top instead of the nimrods that answer the phones,they are worthless,ever got a prob, talk to a department head!
    randy
  • Rube-alot of that goes back to the way we are taught history. Nobody is ever taught in school that the swaztika was a symbol to many Native American such as the Caddo, Aztecs and even Mayans among others. Instead we are taught it was a symbol of Nazi power and nothing more.
    very true leia , as i get older (be 61 in nov if im not dead )ive come to realize about half the history i was taught in school was a lie lol-we were so nice to the indians lol-just ask one if you can find any,stole this country from them and the mexicans,it was nice when we stole it though, now its one big shopping mall!!!! i got ebaystraighted out on the 45th infantry divison patch and the 188th airborne infantry hells angels los banos patch,took a while for them to come around, but they "reasearched" it and found out the motorcycle gang came from the ww2 pilots,and the name, but the hells angels have no copyright on a ww2 item that was made before they even existed
    randy
  • From what I was told the indian one is backwards. Well, in highschool I was at Taco Bell and there was some gangsters in front of me and on their shirt it had a few symboys crossed out. One of them being the Indian swastica. I informed them of this and they wanted to fight. So there I was fighting 2 guys at once in the drivethru. until my friend came to help (seemed like forever) I'll never forget holding one in a headlock while the other one hit me in the face and the security guard (whom I knew) had his can of mace or spray pointed at me telling mr to let go. Yeah ok. Oh the memories.

There was a old lady in her car and as I passed her she said "fighting wont solve anything", I replied "No, but it helps".
    imageimageimage
  • Number 2 is up on ebay.

ebay auction

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well...

At least it's not pube!

Mike
  • LWMMLWMM Posts: 471

<< <i>Rube-alot of that goes back to the way we are taught history. Nobody is ever taught in school that the swaztika was a symbol to many Native American such as the Caddo, Aztecs and even Mayans among others. Instead we are taught it was a symbol of Nazi power and nothing more. >>

As a senior in high school, it is worth mentioning that this information (and more arcane knowledge) is obtainable---unfortunately, very few people take AP US History (or AP World, for that matter), both of which can be (and have been to me) taught in a very objective manner. Small pox infected "gift" blankets to the Native Americans, etc., are not overlooked.

By the way, I learned about the swastika/indian peace symbol from my elementary school art teacher.
    Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I dunno if this means cards have come full circle, or they have reached the end of the road.... It is one of the two though.
    wonder if this is the same on they pulled for some strage reason earlier last month ,i dont remember if this was same guy or not?
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I dunno if this means cards have come full circle, or they have reached the end of the road.... It is one of the two though. >>

Maybe full circle.

End of the road? Collecting paper/cardboard goes all the way back into the 1800s with baseball - it's here to stay IMO.

Now, whether there may be some kind of a "correction?"

That's a different Oprah show - anything's possible.

mike
    Mike
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭

<< <i>End of the road? Collecting paper/cardboard goes all the way back into the 1800s with baseball - it's here to stay IMO. >>

There is much to be said about this statement, but I will refrain. That really is not that long and it seems the gimmics are running out quickly. If it all turns worthless though, I will land all of the cards of my dreams. If the kids loose intrest, cards will go the way of pogs and beanie babies. 30 years from now Gem Mint graded Yu Gi Oh an Pokemon will be all the rage as that is what kids will remember from their childhood.

• << <i>wonder if this is the same on they pulled for some strage reason earlier last month ,i dont remember if this was same guy or not? >>

nope, this is a new one. i've been trying to track the high end cards fairly well image also, i am out of stamps so the cards i am sending you are going to go out a bit later than expected. tuesday maybe?
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter