Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Phew! Sunday night on eBay is over.

I've got to admit I enjoy the rush of watching my auctions (and others) end on Sunday night. It's always fun to see which coins sell and for how much more or less than I thought and which don't sell.

I also enjoy seeing the skill with which certain bidders wield the deadly 3 second snipe.image
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato

Comments

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love watching some high-end coins close on Sunday. Last week I saw one of Jeremy's go from just a little over $400 to over $800 in the last few seconds.

I didn't have anything selling today, but I did snipe a nice piece for my own collection:

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YO ! That is one great coin TwoKopeiki -
    image Love it. imageimage
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like that might have some nice original skin on it Roman!
  • Options
    I hope it does - I'll know more once I have it in my hands.
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I have never been able to master the 3 second snipe, not even with DSL.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options

<< <i>I have never been able to master the 3 second snipe, not even with DSL. >>

I am using www.esnipe.com and have it set at 4 seconds - works every time image
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    but I did snipe a nice piece for my own collection:

And boy howdy, you sure did! What a beauty.image I would have expected you to pay more. Nice snipe!

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I have never been able to master the 3 second snipe, not even with DSL. >>

I am using www.esnipe.com and have it set at 4 seconds - works every time image >>

I have long thought about doing that, but never gotten around to it.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I am using www.esnipe.com and have it set at 4 seconds - works every time image >>

I have long thought about doing that, but never gotten around to it. >>

Me too! image

My listings closed tonight with about $180 increase in bids in the last minute. Like Laurent said: there is a bit of a rush!
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    Roman I've been watching some of your coins and boy oh boy you have some pretty good tasteimage

~
  • Options
    A 2 second eSnipe is your friend image I'd never win anything if I didn't use it..
  • Options

<< <i>A 2 second eSnipe is your friend image I'd never win anything if I didn't use it.. >>

Well, actually, I don't think there's a difference if the snipe is 2 or 4 second. That close to an auction end it just means that the highest amount will win, anyway. Anything under 5 seconds, in my opinion, eliminates the possibility for a second bid after the snipe goes-off.

Resplandor - thanks for the compliment! image
  • Options
    I'm not sure how much skill is involved with a snipe. I'm usually not even home or watching the DVR when my snipe goes off.

This program takes care of it all for me: J-Bid