Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Grading help these two Panama 1/10 Balboa's

I'd appreciate any grade opinions from the Panama Guru's (or anyone for that matter). For the Panama guru's, are these selling about 1/2 Krause at the moment, or they on the "Hot/Cold List"?

Thanks!
Jeff

1933:

1934:
------------------------------------------------------------

"You Suck Award" - February, 2015

Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101

Comments

• Options
    The '33 doesn't look right. Reverse wear is excessive compared the obverse, possibly stuck in a counting machine. Maybe a buck in that condition.

The '34 XF-40ish at best. I think a worn or filled die is making the reverse look worse than it really is.....I've seen much worse in NGC AU+ slabs.

50% of krause is about right for a low end XF, % goes up rapidly with grade, and key dates fetch a higher % in all conditions.

This type is badly overgraded by most ebayers/dealers/TPGs.

• Options
    The info provided by coinpictures and DCH is pretty much head on. As to the market status being hot or cold I would say lukewarm as the world coin market is still growing (at a rapid pace). As previously stated, the better the condition (grade) or any key dates (in any condition) would yield interesting premiums.

BTW, you have some nice coins that are no longer minted and rarely circulated throughout the GENERAL POPULATION...........so enjoy!image
    Young Numismatist ............................ and growing!