Home Sports Talk
Options

Fantasy Football Trade Question

In my 10 team league, I have the #10 pick. I offered the guy with the #1 pick my #11 for his #20 and #21. I'd end up with:

#10, #20, #21, #30, #31, #50, and #51 in the first 6 rounds.

Would you do it?

Comments

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell, the only advice I can give is NOT to pick Michael Vick. image
  • Options
    good move for your team, not so good for him.
    if you can get him to nibble you will come out ahead (in terms of having 5 good fantasy studs)
  • Options
    If you offered me that trade, I would say no as fast as I could.
  • Options
    If he goes for it, you will come out way ahead. Pray to the fantasy gods that he takes the trade...
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    He accepted it, so I am happy.

He thinks he will be able to ride to a championship on 2 top 10 running backs, but I don't think there's any doubt my team will be the deepest in the league.
  • Options
    He's going to be disappointed when he realizes midseason the two top running backs formula doesn't work. 10 RBs rushed for 1200 yards last season. Figure you should have 13-15 this year with Tiki Barber retired and Shaun Alexander healthy. Look for Reggie Bush to be even better this year and a couple of the rookie RBs having some great seasons. It's a safe bet that he'll take Tomlinson #1 overall, but whoever he gets at #11 will not be what he was hoping for--Assuming Steven Jackson and Larry Johnson are already gone. Always go with a deep team--it pays off during the long haul of the season.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

• Options
    That was a fairly even trade if i read it right. I would have taken it. He gets 3 of the top 11 picks? Not to shabby.

Edited to add i did read it wrong, good trade for you.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Good trade for you as long as you pick the right players.

I had Joseph Addain in a keeper league and won the draft lottery to end up with the #3 pick. So, I picked up Larry Johnson. I'm rather happy to say the least! image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Pretty good to have both Addai and LJ.

Here's who I ended up getting:

#11 - Maroney
    #20 - Bulger
    #21 - Wayne
    #30 - TO
    #31 - Gates
    #50 - Jacobs
    #51 - Andre Johnson

I wanted to get a second running back sooner, but there just wasn't anyone at 20 that either wasn't splitting carries or who I felt deserved that high a pick. Should be interesting, the guy I traded with got LT and Bush with the #1 and #10 picks, but didn't get to pick again until pick #40 when he took Javon Walker then Kitna at #41.
  • Options
    How did Gates end up at #31??? TE is such a thin position, I figured he would've been gone in the first ten picks.

I think you did really great in your draft. Maroney will be a monster this year, and Jacobs will have a great year considering Tiki is gone. Bulger as your QB should be a nice consistent over achieving pick (i.e. more points than people will expect). Andre Johnson may end up the sleeper of your draft though...

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gates is a great pick at #31, he puts up numbers as good as any WR, though most people are loathe to pick a TE that high.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    if i were you yes
    if i were him no
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started