Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Done with school!

Well, this last month I finished my Masters degree in Pennsylvania! Now, I am back in my home state of Alaska and have already got myself a great job! I am pretty excited because that means I can start buying cards again! image It's pretty exciting I got myself a card to celebrate this huge accomplishment for myself. Anyone else treat themselves to a sweet card after accomplishing something? Let's hear your success stories! Here is the card I got myself, it's one I've always wanted growing up.

Jeff

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations! Great card to treat yourself to as well
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Congrats! Sweet card.
  • Options
    Jeff,

what an awesome celebration present to yourself. great card. Phil
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭
    Wow!....you may be motivating me to get a second masters or even a doctorate if I can reward myself with a great card like that Ruth!
  • Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on finishing school and your Ruth pickup. Where in PA did you get your masters?
  • Options
    rajah424rajah424 Posts: 439 ✭✭
    Jeff, really nice card! What are you going to give yourself if you get a PhD. You've set the bar pretty high.

I just got back enrolling in Beauty School. I should graduate in 30 days. I will send you a graduation invitation as well as an address to send my grad. gift.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    Congrats,

I just finished my PhD this spring/summer as well. I had my oral defense in March and submitted my final copy of my thesis, which was approved, in July. I found out a week ago that all my stuff was completed for graduation!!!!

Jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    jeff-

congratulations on your graduation, relocation and, especially that ruth card!
    it's an absolutely gorgeous psa 5 & is obviously a very high-end specimin!

so... what's next on the wish list?
    perhaps a sports king ruth (tougher to find & not as expensive as '33 goudeys),
    or maybe a caramel or strip card from the 20's...?
    will you concentrate on an issue from 1915-1922 (as funds might allow),
    or focus on the more colorful & eye-appealing examples from the babe's latter years?

appreciate your passion & pride... thanks for sharing!

• Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Jeff, congrats on your degree, new job and that fantastic Ruth card!! Great to see you back again.
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    baseballjeffbaseballjeff Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Everyone, thank you for the kind words! When I saw that Ruth, it just called my name, I had to have it! image

I think I am slowly going to work on a very nice HOF Player Set. I am going to concentrate on RC's if they aren't too impossible to get. We'll see how it goes! I am one to wait and save awhile, then buy a nice card.

Thanks again everyone!
    Jeff
  • Options
    ManofmoeManofmoe Posts: 264 ✭✭
    Awesome card! I just graduated myself and got my first teaching job earlier this week. My collecting budget is going to get a nice bump as well image

Mike
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Congrats!! When I graduated from my master's degree 3 years ago, I bought myself a Waffen SS double decal helmet that I had my eye on.....

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg