Home Sports Talk
Options

Surprise football team for 2007 - on the down side

Just flipping the earlier thread. Which college team with high expectations will turn out to be a disappointment?

Comments

• Options
    Michigan Wolverines image

Go BUCKS!image
    GO AHEAD! I DOUBLE-DOG DARE YOU TO RATE ME A 1!
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942

<< <i>Michigan Wolverines image

Go BUCKS!image >>

Lloyd Carr is on the hot seat in Ann Arbor despite having two potential Heisman candidates and expecting to win the Big 10.

A dismal record in bowls and in beating Ohio State over the past six years have stirred up a restless feeling in blue country.

Some say that Carr should retire and let a younger person take over the head coaching job, also there are rumors of him
    having health problems, he says he is fine.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Michigan Wolverines image

Go BUCKS!image >>

They play less to their potential year in and year out than any other midwestern team. No-brainer pick. The Spartans are a close 2nd.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An interesting thing is Michigan does not travel outside of Michigan except for 1 game I think-Wisconsin maybe? This could be an advantage for Big Blue and I think they will do fine.

Ohio State will suffer from the loss of numerous Seniors. Without as much Senior Leadership I think they will have a tough season.
  • Options
    Going to be ND for sure. While they are not yet ranked in the top 25, they will of course garner national attention when they beat up on the service academies, but they will fall, and fall hard, with so many seniors gone this year.

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda interesting that the focus thus far is in the Midwest... MSU will likely be in trouble. Michigan will be tough but the Big Ten is tougher top to bottom than folks think

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942

<< <i>Kinda interesting that the focus thus far is in the Midwest... MSU will likely be in trouble. Michigan will be tough but the Big Ten is tougher top to bottom than folks think >>

MSU has a new coach and only a so so team, general opinion is they will be in the bottom half of the big 10 standings when the season
    is over.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Going to be ND for sure. While they are not yet ranked in the top 25, they will of course garner national attention when they beat up on the service academies, but they will fall, and fall hard, with so many seniors gone this year. >>

Another one of your stupid hate ND threads. Predictions are they will win 6 or 7 by most prognosticators. So how could they be a surprise...only to your way of thinking. Do you ever get tired of being the forum idiot? Life must be sad and tough for you young man, mores the pity.

Michigan, I was referring to MSU's propensity to win big games early then crumble.