Home Sports Talk
Options

Vick to plead guilty, but not to gambling or killing dogs

Link

I have to think that if this plea is accepted by the judge and prosecution, there's no way Vick does more than a year in jail, and no way he sits more than a year from the NFL.

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Ha ha - he was a mediocre QB at best anyway.

His career is over.
    What team will be in need of a below average at his position jerk with baggage ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    While it's nice for some to wish his career is over, the fact of the matter is he's likely to be back in the NFL in 2010.

I didn't realize mediocre QBs had contracts worth $130 million....
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like his plea did include admission to killing dogs. Also admitted to bankrolling the gambling operation. Sayanora Ron Mexico.

Vick was an average QB. Ryan Leaf made millions and he was perhaps the worst QB in NFL history. Just because someone got stupid owners to pay a fortune doesn't make them great players. The Pirates have been spending millions on washed up mediocre free agents for the past decade; Joe Randa, Jeremy Burnitz, Matt Morris, etc. Does that mean they are great players?
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    He basically pled guilty to everything excpet the one thing that could get him banned for life from the NFL, placing bets or taking winnings. Seems like he is trying to get them to accept this plea so he can come back and play. It all seems shady and selfish on his part, basically doing his best not to get banned for life by pleading guilty to everything but gambling.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    His career is over, IMO. His involvement in gambling with these dogfights will eventually come to light and should earn him a lifetime ban, and if not, I just can't see a team willing to endure the PR nightmare that would come with signing him after his release from prison. His actions are so repugnant and reprehensible that I can't say I have even the smallest iota of sympathy for him, either. Obviously, he was raised by garbage, as his brother is nothing more than a POS, too. Great job at parenting, Mama Vick! image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I'll say it again: there's no way Gooddell will allow the former face of the league to never play in the league again. He'll sit until 2010 when he'll have plenty of teams vying for his services. Gooddell will get to play the tough guy, and say he kept Vick out 3 years, and get to get the benefit of allowing him back in.

• Options
    I have only been hearing great things about your set of wheels. I think somebody should enter your car in Pimp My Ride

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options

<< <i>I have only been hearing great things about your set of wheels. >>

Thanks!
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    if u are suspended indefinately by the nfl, how can you come back, don'tthat mean forever? or is it like a life term in prison =40 years now? somekinda deal like that?'
  • Options
    No it just means they are suspending him until after his jail sentence, then they will determine his NFL suspension. Likely be just a year, he'll be back in an NFL uniform in 2010.
  • Options
    rajah424rajah424 Posts: 439 ✭✭
    According to the court documents Vick has been involved since early 2001(6 yrs.) Maybe that should be his suspension, 6 years
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ha ha - he was a mediocre QB at best anyway.

His career is over.
    What team will be in need of a below average at his position jerk with baggage ...
    >>

The Oakland Raiders.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i knew there had to be a catch to it somewhere, why even put indefinatly on it then?i suppose to make it sound like justice has been served more and to make it sound better lol,just put well talk to ya later maybe if there is interest in your services for qb or rb
    randy
  • Options

<< <i>i knew there had to be a catch to it somewhere, why even put indefinatly on it then?i suppose to make it sound like justice has been served more and to make it sound better lol,just put well talk to ya later maybe if there is interest in your services for qb or rb
    randy >>

Because the commish gets to have it both ways this way. He gets to be the big tough guy with the hammer, and gets to play up to the Vick supporters when he brings him back.
  • Options
    some footage of whats going to happen to Mike Vick image

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Vick enjoys watching dogs kill each other, why doesn't he jump in a pit with raging pitbulls?

He would receive a psycological fight or flight experience.

He deserves 10 years in prison, and made to forfit his NFL earnings.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    10 years in prison when people who have been convicted of murder see less time than that?

I think the Vick story has been blown WAY out of proportion. Heard a fascinating point in reference on tv - thousands of Americans are murdered each year in this country, where's the outrage over their deaths?
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>10 years in prison when people who have been convicted of murder see less time than that?

I think the Vick story has been blown WAY out of proportion. Heard a fascinating point in reference on tv - thousands of Americans are murdered each year in this country, where's the outrage over their deaths? >>

LOL, always someone trying to draw attention away from a story... I'm certain myself and many others are angered much more by people who kill innocent people. I see stories like that all the time and hope each of those POS dirtbags who kill some old lady for her small check or shoot some store clerk just trying to make ends meat gets put down like one of Vicks dogs. The justice system usually does its job if these people make it to court, so I'm happy with that. I just suspected some rich guy not only torturing and killing innocent dogs, but gambling away at it while not paying taxes on his winning would simply get away with it like usual. I was rooting for him to get what every other idiot would get in the same situation. Jail time, fines, etc... Blown out of proportion or not, this dumba$$ used to benefit by the media attention and now is suffering from it. Poor Mr. conVick. I feel so bad for him. Maybe we should all send this poor guy flowers.

Again, I'm outraged everytime I hear about some murder to an innocent person. But I can be outraged about this too because I feel that his actions are inexcuseable. I'll only talk about the conVick thing here because it's a sports talk forum and he used to play in the NFL. If another NFL'er murders somebody, I'll be on here posting about that too...

• Options
    Vick: 'I need to grow up'

"I'm totally responsible and those things just didn't have to happen."

He said, "Through this situation I've found Jesus."

Ron Mexico is a victim.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Mr. dirtmonkey, we can be equally outraged over humans and dogs being tortured and killed. It's just not everyday that the face of the most popular sport in America get's accused of doing these things. It would be the same if David Beckham were to be accused, all of England would go nuts. The more someone is in the media's eye the more publicity they get when they do wrong. Pretty simple, it's not racist, morally wrong or any other reason than he is popular and people know his name so they will cover it.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<I think the Vick story has been blown WAY out of proportion. Heard a fascinating point in reference on tv - thousands of Americans are murdered each year in this country, where's the outrage over their deaths?>>

I was outraged when OJ knifed Nicloe, and Ron. I was outraged when Rodney was beaten by LA cops. I was outraged when Michael Ross murdered Wendy, a friend of mine. I was outraged when my girlfriends sister was raped and murdered, then left on the side of the road naked, like a piece of trash. Want more outrage? Yes Vick makes my stomach turn. Those dogs experienced fear and pain, it breaks my heart. I'm going to hug my Lab.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are blinded by Vick's raw athletic talent, which may be 2nd to none in the NFL. But playing QB effectively in the NFL requires leadership. It also takes brains. Vick falls way short in both departments. At best we'll come back as a punt returner, or special teams guy. I'd be fine with that. But his QB days are over.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.