Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

PSA Pedigree

I just recently registered my first set in the Registry, so I'm still getting acquainted with all the features. The PSA Pedigree service sounds interesting. The way I understand it, if you're set qualifies, you can have PSA re-holder your cards in a unique pedigree holder. Is that correct? Has anyone done this?
1963 Topps ~THE JOHN MCLEOD COLLECTION

Comments

• Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Joe,

This service costs $5.00 per card to have your name put on the label. I thought about it, but the cost is too extreme and if I were to try to sell my set in the future...who would buy it???

Carlos
  • Options
    Good point Carlos. Come to think about it, In all the thousands of cards I've looked at on eBay and at shows, I can't recall ever seeing one for sale. But, look it this way.......if somebody ever stole your cards, the re-sale value would pretty much be zip.
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Another point that hasn't been brought up is that unless you were turning right around and selling it or unless you had the highest possible grade for every card, then every time you upgraded a card you would be having to pedigree the new one and sell a single "pedigreed" card. It is a waste of money for all but a precious few elite sets.
  • Options
    My vanity will get the best of me someday, and I'll have to pedigree my entire '63 set......What's another $2800 bucks........Yikes!!!
  • Options
    I have a HUGE ego....but for that kind of money, I'll be quite humble. Humility can be profitable.
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES