Home Sports Talk
Options

Rangers score 30 against Orioles!!!!!

SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
Any of you watching the Rangers and Orioles?

It's 30-3 Rangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!imageimage

Steve

Edited to add box score:

-----------------1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9---R--H--E
TEX (54-70)-0--0--0--5--0--9--0-10--6-30-29--1
BAL (58-65)-1--0--2--0--0--0--0--0---0--3--9---1

and it was the first game of a doubleheader!!!!!!!!!!!!! image

Comments

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Too bad I don't have any Rangers on my fantasy baseball team!
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My question is why was Baltimore allowed to bat in the bottom of the 9th? LOL
  • Options
    This is the most runs I can recall ever been scored...when's the last time a team put up 30 or more?
  • Options

<< <i>This is the most runs I can recall ever been scored...when's the last time a team put up 30 or more? >>

110 years ago!!!!!

Source
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    please note: Kason Gabbard is 6-1 and Eric Gagme still blows
  • Options
    After that type of game, how could the Orioles even want to play the second game of the doubleheader?
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This is the most runs I can recall ever been scored...when's the last time a team put up 30 or more? >>

1897. The Chicago Colts (now the Cubs) beat the Louisville Colonels (who merged with the Pirates after the 1899 season) 36-7.

What I found most amazing was that the Rangers only scored in four innings. They were shut out in five innings and still hung 30 on the O's!

The Louisville club who was pounded on that summer day in 1897 was a perennial doormat, year in and year out, but was starting to finally develop a pretty good team in 1899 when the National League contracted from 12 teams to 8. Louisville was a casualty and their best players, including a couple of young future Hall of Famers named Fred Clarke and Honus Wagner, went to Pittsburgh for the 1900 season and helped the Pirates become the class of the NL in the decade of the 1900s. A very young and raw pitcher named Waddell was on the 1899 Colonels club as well. Had that team stayed intact it could have been a great one after many years of futility.
  • Options
    If lester keeps pitching the way he is going; he is gettin sent down to the minors. they really should have kept Kabbard. gagne is a waste at this point.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    The weirdest thing about the game is that the Texas pitcher got a save because he pitched 3 innings. image Perfect illustration why baseballs stats are so silly.
  • Options
    i bet they are busting on the guy who got the save. Real tough one lol.
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If lester keeps pitching the way he is going; he is gettin sent down to the minors. >>

Why did you have to say that? Sigh image
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    30 to 3 lol- they might as well not even shown up at all and forfeited,said they all had were sick or something,,that woud be sorta embarassing- they said it was going into the hall of fame on the news, must have been the wort whompining anybody has recieved in a long time!