Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

All-Time Vikings Set

Ok, gotta know..Who in the heck voted to add Todd Steussie and his TWO Pro Bowls in 7 seasons in Minnesota to the Vikings All-Time Team set????

You're going to put Steussie beside Mick Tingelhoff, Grady Alderman, Randall McDaniel, Gary Zimmerman and Ron Yary as the 6th greatest offensive lineman in Vikings history???

No wonder they have ZERO Super Bowl Rings!image

Jason
I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.

Comments

• Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I requested it. He was a fantastic Left Tackle for us. His pro bowls selections may not reflect that but there was, and has been, a significant drop off at Left Tackle since he left. It was voted on and people voted it in. Now go buy a PSA 10 for $4.
  • Options
    I'm a huge Vikes fan and I think Stuessie really sucked. "MR. False Start" I like to call him. Do you realize how many great drives he killed because he couldn't keep still or keep his hands off a DE. I was happy to see him move on.
    "If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scene, they will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines!" - Marine Corps Hymn
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm a huge Vikes fan and I think Stuessie really sucked. "MR. False Start" I like to call him. Do you realize how many great drives he killed because he couldn't keep still or keep his hands off a DE. I was happy to see him move on. >>

Bingo...I could easily name 5 other Vikings linemen who are more worthy than Steussie..Um, how about Matt Birk???

You got a 10 for sale???lol

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    He was the king of the false start, no doubt about that. Jake Reed I always referred to as "Mr Intended For" but I'll tell you what, I would trade McKinnie for Steussie in a second (back to his pro bowl form that is) and I would trade any receiver on our team now for Jake Reed.

Personally, I would like to see one more addition to the Vikes set, and that would be Fred Cox. I wish Gary Anderson had played a bit longer for us because his perfect season (though it ended badly) is still a big deal in MN. I know Lombardi is in the Packers set, should we look at adding Bud Grant? What about a guy like Korey Stringer?
  • Options
    Birk and Christie were both great Centers. I think Birk probably deserves to be on the list of great Vikes. There is not another tackle in Vikings history worth mentioning after Yary, Alderman and Steussie. Tim Irwin? I bet you'd have a hard time naming a another one. Steve Dils? Chris Liwienski? Maybe Grant Feasel?

There are 8 or 10 sets registered, everyone was allowed to vote. There were enough votes to add it. Not enough votes to remove Culpepper... it is what it is I suppose.
  • Options
    Thing to remember is that it is an ALL TIME set...To be mentioned with the greatest ever to play for that team they need to be more than just the best player in the last 5 years at the position. Just my opinion of course...

Only retired players that I would vote YES to adding would be MAYBE DT Keith Millard, MAYBE OG Ed White...Neither of those guys are locks either,but arguments could be made. Active guys, maybe Matt Birk..I would definitely vote all 3 of these guys over Steussie.

Jason

• Options

<< <i>Birk and Christie were both great Centers. I think Birk probably deserves to be on the list of great Vikes. There is not another tackle in Vikings history worth mentioning after Yary, Alderman and Steussie. Tim Irwin? I bet you'd have a hard time naming a another one. Steve Dils? Chris Liwienski? Maybe Grant Feasel?

There are 8 or 10 sets registered, everyone was allowed to vote. There were enough votes to add it. Not enough votes to remove Culpepper... it is what it is I suppose. >>

Why do you have to have another Tackle? Or a Kicker? Or anyone that isn't truly deserving. Guy needs at least 6 years with the Vikes, 3 Pro Bowls with the Vikes to even get in the conversation.

As far as the vote goes, my guess is only 2 or 3 replied...They don't need YES votes to add, they need NO votes to stopfrom adding. If only 3 vote and 2 were for Steussie, he gets added...

Jason
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Wasn't Milt Sunde a decent guard back in the 1960's for the Vikes?