Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

11 Card Football Review Order Popped...

I haven't looked at each cert yet, so we'll see. I'll post results. HOpefully it wasnt a waste of $80.
Each of these is the key card rc for various sets with the grade I have, and the grade I wanted. These were the ones I thought had the best shot at an upgrade.

Jim Otto 7-8
Larry Wilson 7-8
Mick Tingelhoff 8-9
Carl Eller 8-9
John Riggins 8-9
Ron Yary 8-9
Matt Blair 9-10
Ozzie Newsome 8-9
James Lofton 8-9 81536637
Earl Campbell 8-9
Jerry Rice 8-9

Comments

• Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Otto apparently did not bump. It's 10x nicer than the 8 I already have. Lame.
  • Options
    Well, either I got completely f'd or they changed cert#'s on me or they haven't updated the database yet because they all show the same grade. I think I got screwed. Every one of these was high end for the grade. UGH.
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    I'm confused - so what does it say when you punch in the order number?
  • Options
    I believe he might have sent in cards that were graded by PSA already, to have them reviewed. So, maybe he is looking up the cert numbers from when they were graded the first time?

NathanSr
    Successful purchases: Lawnmowerman(2), Wabittwax, mkg809, thePlasticman

Successful sales: xphunk, vjsteele4, onefasttalon, five7teen, yankeeno7

Successful trades: mijang

Generous Souls: MBMiler25, DES1984
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    What I don't understand is why they wouldn't just show the most recent grades in the grade results (just like a normal sub).
  • Options
    I figured I'd get a few that wouldn't bump. I wasn't positive if they put M/G on the order like they do with the crossovers, but apparently they don't.
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    So you didn't get one single bump?

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    Yeah...I don't think so. Which is LAME! >(

I think they send you the cards back with notes on them as to why they didn't bump. I compared every one of these to a card from the same year in the "desired" grade and they all compared very favorably. So I think I just tossed $80 out the window. Good thing I just won $280 on slots. image
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    Josh, welcome back.

Your cert#s will not change on a review. Even if they bump, the cert# remains the same, but it will change in the database. The good news (possibly) is that just because your sub shows that the order is complete, it usually takes another 24 hours before they update any upgrades into their database. So assuming you saw the sub was complete today, you won't know for sure if you got any bumps until, I would say Friday. If nothing shows as upgraded by Friday then you most likely didn't get any bumps.

Reviews are a crap shoot, so hope you didn't use up all your luck in Tahoe..lol

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    They usually are 5-10 percent of what you send in get bumped. So if you send in 100 cards expect 5 to 10 cards to get a bump but make sure they are worth sending in.
    Don't bother checking the cert. until you get an e-mail stating cards have been shipped back. I've done this twice and it's a waste of time checking until you get that e-mail.
    Sorry make that 3 times i have done this. The best was when i sent in 6 cards in hockey for my free grading and 5 out of the 6 were bumped. That was after checking through numerous sets and cards and only pulled out the pristine cards.
    Anyways good luck !!
    Steve
    Die Hard Toronto Maple Leafs Fan !!
  • Options
    Well, that could be good. I was under the impression based on others I saw that they bumps were showing up before the shipment. So I hope I get a bump, there are a few in there that do deserve it. I did just put $20 in a slot and won $280, then a couple hours later put in $20 more and won $110. So I've got a few dollars I can spend. Just have to keep from losing it all on the poker table tonight to the suckouts. My god did I get lambasted last night. Flop trip Jacks and lose to a lady who calls no fewer than 11 bets, including 2 re-raises and a pre-flop raise only to have her hit runner-runner hearts and make flush with her 4h 5s.

I asked for a rack and got up and left. As did the rest of the table. It was like that all night. I was up almost $300 on the 4/8 table until her and her braintrust boyfriend showed up and played their K6os and were calling pre-flop raises with 3/9. UGH.
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, that could be good. I was under the impression based on others I saw that they bumps were showing up before the shipment. So I hope I get a bump, there are a few in there that do deserve it. I did just put $20 in a slot and won $280, then a couple hours later put in $20 more and won $110. So I've got a few dollars I can spend. Just have to keep from losing it all on the poker table tonight to the suckouts. My god did I get lambasted last night. Flop trip Jacks and lose to a lady who calls no fewer than 11 bets, including 2 re-raises and a pre-flop raise only to have her hit runner-runner hearts and make flush with her 4h 5s.

I asked for a rack and got up and left. As did the rest of the table. It was like that all night. I was up almost $300 on the 4/8 table until her and her braintrust boyfriend showed up and played their K6os and were calling pre-flop raises with 3/9. UGH. >>

I have absolutely no idea what the final 3 sentences mean....it just shows you how little I know about gambling.

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    lol Greg. Sorry. My poker-speak. I'm sure Lee would understand it. If you've ever read poker books or poker strategy online you'd recognize. K6 = King Six. os = off-suit, s=suited. 4/8 is the stakes. $4/$8 table.

ANyway, I have not gotten the email yet, so maybe I'll check later. I'm really expecting a couple of bumps but after seeing a coupe others post before, I was under the impression the certs were updated before the cards were shipped. I didn't get the email, just checked the sub# online and it showed as shipped, so I assumed they'd be updated.