Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

So, who is the freak who started the Fred Taylor, Tony Boselli and Mark Brunell Rookie sets

I will give you all one guess. Winner gets a pat on the shoulder from Jason.

Comments

• Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    Hey, hey, hey...Put away the hater-aid guys..lol

Yes, I requested these sets as I am a Jacksonville native and I collect Jaguar rookies. Well specifically Brunell, Boselli, Jimmy Smith and Fred Taylor...All are future Jaguars "Ring of Honor" members. Boselli was actually the first inducted to it last year. Sorry, wasn;t in raised in Green Bay and not a big fan of old man Favre..lol

I don't think these are any worse than some of the outlandish complete player sets out there..lol

FYI for anyone thinking of requesting "rookie" sets in the future:

1- You get ZERO input on which cards are used and zero input on the grade weights. PSA is going strictly 100% by the "Ultimate Rookie Card Encyclopedia" published by Beckett. If they list the card as a rookie, it goes on the set, if its not listed, not on the set.

2- There is no vehicle for requesting additions or deletions. For instance, the Boselli RC set is missing his 1995 Finest RC..The Fred Taylor set is missing his 1998 Playoff Contenders set. I tried to request that those particular cards be added and the response was, "Only if they are shown in next years Beckett Rookie Card Encyclopedia."

These Player Rookie sets are a fairly new animal. When I saw they were doing them, it only made sense to request sets of guys I've already been collecting the rookie cards of. Wasn't sure of the process, but now I/we know.

For all you Jaguars fans out there (ok, just me..lol), still coming---Jimmy Smith Rookie Set!!!

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    BTW, if you are wondering exactly who the Jacksonville Jaguars are, just ask the Green Bay Packers and the Indianapolis Colts players or coaches..Jacksonville beat Green Bay IN Green Bay last time they played, and the Jags had almost 400 yds rushing in a 44-17 whopping they put on the Colts in December.

Watch out for Maurice Jones-Drew and that Jaguars defense in 2007...

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Even though it is preseason we will put the smackdown on the jag's tomorrow night.
  • Options
    Can't wait..Starters are playing 1/2, but neither team will go all out...

When it counted, in Green Bay, in December..The Jags took em out..lol

Jason
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    it's hard to believe no Manning set yet
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    who or what are Packers & Jaguars are these new hockey or soccer teams?????????

GO BENGALS !!
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭

<< <i>and the Jags had almost 400 yds rushing in a 44-17 whopping they put on the Colts in December. >>

It's funny how a ring makes you forget about some things....LOL....

dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Yeah I know what you mean but having to put one on both hands makes you think, where to put the third.