Home Sports Talk
Options

Fantasy Football Question

xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
Tomlison First, Jackson 2nd... who do you take at #3, I'm leaning towards Addai. Thoughts or Comments?

Comments

• Options
    I'd take Frank Gore 3 over Addai, Alexander, or Johnson. LJ is due for a real bad year, KC is going to have to ride him again with an unproven QB and he's going to suffer with 1/2 his O-line gone.

• Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I agree LJ is not gonna put up stats like last year. I would go with LJ, Addai and then Gore. Addai showed he can catch the ball and that offense isn't hurting and they will need to score alot with that defense. I would rank Gore higher but he is hurt already and they might pass the ball more this year giving him less chances. It's a crap shoot with these two as Addai might get over used because of no quality back up.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Addai and think he is creeping up alot of peoples draft boards for the 3 hole. Based on last year Gore is worthy but you cant hide the fact he has 2 rebuilt knees and already a broken hand. Larry Johnson? I would not want to be the guy that has to take him, that KC line and skill position question marks scares me. Addai got a thousand yards and a lot of catches sharing time, I think he is in line for about 13-1500 yards with about 50 catches. I would take Addai at three and be very happy with it, I meen you want to limit the question marks as much as possible with your first rounder.
  • Options
    Ax you can give me $hit about this one..... Another guy I love this year believe it or not is Reggie Bush. I dont like him at 3 but if you could trade your pick maybe and move up in the second round and grab him at say 7-9th? This kid caught 80+ balls last year and I think N.O will have great success using him this year..

Edit- My league awards 1 point per catch
  • Options
    You should take Michael Vick. He is Top Dog in some circles.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I have Addai slated to go #3 in my league, at least the owner of that pick has mentioned that. I don't like LJ either, for reasons mentioned, but I do like Alexander in that spot too.

Maroney is gonna be huge this year by the way, and Westbrook will have double digit TD's and 60+ catches.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    I would take Alexander and Gore over Addai at number 3.
  • Options
    Here are my top 10 picks:

LT
    Jackson
    Gore
    Addai
    Alexander
    Maroney
    LJ
    Willie Parker
    Brian Westbrook
    Willis McGahee

Bush, Rudi, and Jones-Drew would all be real high second rounders. Picking anything other than a RB in the first 2 rounds makes no sense whatsoever.
  • Options
    That list makes sense other than Bush not being in there somewhere.
  • Options

<< <i>That list makes sense other than Bush not being in there somewhere. >>

I'd put him 11th...I am drafting 10th in my 10 team league this Sunday and am hoping to go Maroney-Bush at 10 and 11.
  • Options
    I traded #9 and #16 (12 man league) for # 1 and moved up from # 40 to # 36 (numerous draft picks have been traded around)

So I draft # 1 # 33 # 36
  • Options
    its a long wait from #1 to # 33 image
    good luck! keep us posted with the results
  • Options

<< <i>its a long wait from #1 to # 33 image
    good luck! keep us posted with the results >>

I know! I am putting my whole season on LT's shoulders which is fine IF he pans out the way he should. I think him and another back at # 33 will outscore any combo at # 9 and # 16 IMO
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Addai should catch between 70-80 passes in that offense this year. If your league awards points per reception, I think he's more valuable than Gore at the third spot.

A lot of people are high on Jones-Drew. Unless Fred Taylor gets injured (which is always a possibility, but you can't guarantee it), Jones-Drew is still a backup. I don't think you draft a backup highly in the second round. I'd much rather have Brandon Jacobs or Cedric Benson there.

Edited to say: If he's healty, Travis Henry should be in that mix around 13-15, too.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very little difference between Gore, Alexander, LJ, and Manning for picks #3-#7.

All have their pros & cons, but Manning is the surest thing. With all of the RB by committee tandems these days, taking a QB before round 3 is no longer the end of the world.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    I love it when people in my league draft WRs and QBs in the first or second round, means better RBs for me!