Home Stamps Forum

Heritage Auction Galleries seeks Stamp Expert.

Greetings. We will be advertising in Linn's soon and I thought I would alert the group in case anyone has any advise or ideas as we begin our new stamp auction business.

Heritage Auction Galleries will be launching a Rare Stamps Department in 2007 or 2008. We are seeking the very best available nationally recognized rare stamp expert to build and operate this new division.

Applicant must have impeccable reputation, expertise and integrity, as well as extensive experience buying, selling, appraising and cataloging stamps.

Our goal is to leverage Heritage's unmatched collectibles Internet and marketing platforms in order to establish the top stamp auction house in the world over the next few years. We have already achieved market dominance in several similar categories within just a few years of entering those fields, including comic books, rare currency, illustration art, movie posters, Civil War memorabilia, and several others.

This position is based in Dallas. You will be allowed to recruit and build a staff from the ground up.

Great working conditions and benefits, and unlimited growth potential for the right person.

Salary and incentive package commensurate with experience and qualifications.

Please e-mail your resume, and references to Paul Minshull.

Paul Minshull
Heritage Auction Galleries
3500 Maple Avenue, 17th Floor
Dallas, Texas 75219
Paul@HA.com
Paul Minshull
Chief Operating Officer

Comments

• Who will Heritage Stamp Auctions be using for their live bidding?

Jerry
  • Hi Jerry, We have 10 in house auctioneers and our own proprietary software for bidding live over the internet during the live auctions. Paul
    Paul Minshull
    Chief Operating Officer
  • LouisCampLouisCamp Posts: 468 ✭✭✭
    Hi Paul;

As the former VP-Operations at Apfelbaums, I wish your firm good luck in this expansion.

Lou
    lchobbyco
    ANA Life-Member
  • I am glad to see Heritage will be doing stamp auctions. Will you be only dealing with single "certified stamps" or full collections. The reason I ask is I have both a coin and stamp collection. Whenever I die, I'd like my wife to be able to deal with only one company to dispose of both collections. My coins are all certified by PCGS, NGC, & ANACS, but my stamps are "raw" and housed in about 16 albums.
  • OK, I can't take it. I have to ask. Will Heritage Stamps be using SAN for it's live auctions?

Jerry
  • KentuckyJKentuckyJ Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

> We have 10 in house auctioneers and our own proprietary software for bidding live over the internet during the live auctions

hi Jerry,
    I like SAN a lot but I took Paul's earlier response to you as a "no."

KJ

• That's what I kinda figured too. But thought I'd ask. I just don't want to see a live eBay thing.

Jerry
  • I don't care for the live Ebay auctions either, I usually have a hard time witht hese fior some reason.