Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Yippie it only took 21 days !

sold a card on 7-29-07 I shipped it promptly on 7-30-07 , well it got llost/missent ,lucky for me the buyer was patient. so this morning I logged on to USPS.com and got this message:

Delivered, August 20, 2007, 10:17 am, CHICAGO, IL 60661
Missent, August 05, 2007, 10:19 am
Arrival at Unit, August 05, 2007, 10:11 am, CHICAGO, IL 60632
Acceptance, July 30, 2007, 10:13 am, HAMILTON, OH 45013

I guess my whole point of this is: Chit happens! and we should not always blame the buyer or the seller for something that is out of our control.
This is where I think the rating system on Ebay (shipping time) & even the S/H charges ratings are a joke. I could not have shipped any quicker and when bidding on any auction if the s/h fees are not clearly stated I don't bother even bidding and regardless of the S/h fees I just figure that in with what I am willing to pay. Ok done ranting and I am happy.

just my 2 cents. image

Comments

• DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭
    USPS, gets there,,,eventually.
    I got my 4 sharp corners shipment today. It was sent on 8/3/07. Three other shipments from them that I bought in the last 10 days have arrived since they shipped this one. WTF
    I thought it was lost for sure.
    I'm glad yours got there.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i know the feeling, stuck in the bloack holeof the po,then pops back out when youve about gave up hope!
    randy
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭
    great news. i've had this happen twice. the first time was a month-long ordeal shipping to australia at christmas, but it did get there. the buyer emailed me daily as to why he didn't have it....he was pleased in the end. the second time the buyer was very patient and all worked out (about 3-4 weeks for delivery as well). i was relieved. image

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Check out an article I wrote a while back for an Aussie magazine - About some cards where shipping took 8 months to the US!

• hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i've sold many thing and usps takes about 3 weeks on .5% of shipments.. not sure what happens to them but ebery now and then one is mia for 3/4 weeks
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's