Home Metal Detecting
Options

Got out again

but only for an hour. My parents drove in from Texas and parked their motorhome in a private campground where Gary (BentFork) and I have hunted once before. I hadn't seen them in two years so I spent most of my time there visiting with them but managed to escape for a quick sweep of three seldom used volleyball courts. The ground at this place is so heavily mineralized that my DFX goes crazy there all the time and drives me crazy. Leave it sit on any patch of ground for more than a few seconds and it starts howling like crazy.

Anyways I managed to dig up a lot of highly valuable pull tabs, bottle caps and and other assorted junk as well as this nice looking piece of costume jewelry. The stones in the center are set between two small acrylic panels and float free there.

Comments

• Options
    Cool..That is defferent.

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    Glad you were able to make it out for a while. That's a pretty piece you found. I take it that it's about the size of a quarter, maybe bigger? Is the mounting silver?

Later

G.
    imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Glad you were able to make it out for a while. That's a pretty piece you found. I take it that it's about the size of a quarter, maybe bigger? Is the mounting silver?

Later

G. >>

Slightly smaller than a quarter. The mounting appears to be pot metal and there are no maker marks anywhere. Your everyday run of the mill costume piece.
  • Options
    that's a nice!...hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That has a nice bling factor. Costume jewelry or not, I like it.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.