Home Autographs Forum
Options

Opinions on STAT Inc

I recently bought some cut signatures of prominent writers (Hemingway, Twain, Fitzgerald, Steinbeck, and Stephen Crane) via auction. They were authenticated by STAT. They seem to be a legitimate operation and their COAs are similar to GAI. Should I be comfortable with the authenticity of my purchases based on the opinions of STAT? The auctions were with Coach's Corner, who seem to use STAT for many of their non-sport signatures. Any feed back will be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I recently bought some cut signatures of prominent writers (Hemingway, Twain, Fitzgerald, Steinbeck, and Stephen Crane) via auction. They were authenticated by STAT. They seem to be a legitimate operation and their COAs are similar to GAI. Should I be comfortable with the authenticity of my purchases based on the opinions of STAT? The auctions were with Coach's Corner, who seem to use STAT for many of their non-sport signatures. Any feed back will be appreciated. >>

I know little about STAT, but I have heard bad things about Coach's Corner.

example: http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=46361
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    Hi,

I have never heard of STAT. I know that GAI, JSA, PSA/DNA are all eBay approved. I stick with these and UACC or PADA register dealers. But, I still look at the item and compare it against exemplars.

Before you bought these, did you check it against any exemplars? Cut signatures are among the easiest to forge and these are very popular authors. All of these signatures are highly sought after and typically sell for hundreds of dollars.

The best approach to looking at a signed item is with a skeptical eye. I still have the responsiblity of doing the due diligence to make sure myself, even if it has been authenticated by a respected authentication service or a highly reputable dealer.