Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

BOOM's Giveaway - Winner is Tyler. (Mojoman's little YN) Thanx to all that entered.

I've set aside a group of coins to be used as "learning tools", just sign up and enter here. I'd really like to give them to young numismatists - the Future of our Hobby.

Let's make it interesting. Although NOT a necessity, how about writing a short piece about why you like coin collecting or the State of Numismatics Today?.

Good Luck to ALL.

Come on - sign up. image

Comments

• I don't care about winning, though it would be nice.

I just love reading what other YNs write, it is both educational to ourselves aswell as the other YNs.

My main reason for loving the hobby is one way to remember my grandad.
    He used to collect coins when he was my age and I was too young to discuss it with him, and it was too late.

He passed away in 2000 and was very painful.
    I was 9 years and had no interest.

2 years later, I suddenly found out my grandad was a collector and I thought I should give it a try, when I was 7 he gave me a blank struck coin which I still have and will never lose. Most of his collection was sold off in his 60's, he passed away at 80.
    He has his gold mohurs that are in the bank.

He was my main inspiration but could never talk to him about it.
    Another thing I love about the hobby is the massive getogether of coin lovers and discussing it.
    It's great we start early and have a keen interest early on so it'll be easier to keep up with.

THanks...
    Can't wait to read other YN's posts.
    Want List
    Proud member of the CUFYNA
    Need a Banner Made? PM ME!
  • Great giveaway,I got into the hobby when I was injured at work,and could not do much but sit at the PC I did have some coins but then I got interested in all the coins,it has been a great experiance,I have learned so much from everyone here,the coin hobby has just exploded with all the new state quarters,Dollars,commemoratives,I belive there are more collectors now than there was 5 years ago,I see the older coins going for more money in years to come.MoJo

p.s if I win please put it towards your Christmas fund imageimage
    Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage

• << <i>Great giveaway,I got into the hobby when I was injured at work,and could not do much but sit at the PC I did have some coins but then I got interested in all the coins,it has been a great experiance,I have learned so much from everyone here,the coin hobby has just exploded with all the new state quarters,Dollars,commemoratives,I belive there are more collectors now than there was 5 years ago,I see the older coins going for more money in years to come.MoJo

p.s if I win please put it towards your Christmas fund imageimage >>

Very true!
    The prices have gone up and so have new collectors which is great.
    Numismatics is probabaly the fastest growing community in the world.

TheKid!
    Want List
    Proud member of the CUFYNA
    Need a Banner Made? PM ME!
  • I've only been collecting around a year and a half, but I've already been seriously bitten by the coin bug. To me, numismatics is a really great hobby to be involved in. My friends might spend money on games, electronics, or other normal teenage stuff. I just save that money and put it towards my coins. Ultimately, I think that I'm going to end up with a much better return for that "investment". But even though my coins will (hopefully) increase in value, I'm also going to have so much more. I'll have lots of knowledge and quite a few new friends from the hobby.

Thanks for the giveaway, Boom. If I win and don't need the coins, I'd like to donate them to another YN.
  • Why I like coin collecting? Well, it gives me an insight into what times were like when my parents and grandparents were kids. Times are so different now and times back in the day( as the old people say :0) is unreal to my generation. When I see mercury dime or buffalo nickle it sort of makes me see a whole different time in history. Like what was going on and the places that were there that are now burned down.

When I hear all the veterans out there talk bout i time when a coin was allowed to breath and not be encapsulated into some plastic monstrosity it seems like coin collecting was much simpler. I dont know about a world with TPG's becuase Ive only been collecting about 2 years now, but It seems to me that coin collecting to some peaople is just to make money. I mean why does a half ounce of gold sell out during work hours??

Are people caring more about making a quick dollar than their actual jobs?

Thanks for the contest
  • TCoinsTCoins Posts: 566 ✭✭
    I have enjoyed collecting coins for many years. I've started tucking away coins for my daughter who just turned three. She really likes the coins with "EAGLES" on them! Please enter her in your generous contest.
  • BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Free stuff - sign up. Open to all but would like to see go to YNs.
  • Hello Sir.

I'm young compare to a large sea turtle and got in to coin collecting after I stole all the coins from my friends. I don't have any more friends so now I try to get free coins from the giveaways and other forum members. If i win, i would like the following coins please: Any key date morgans, early type coins, anything gold will be fine and cash thats always good. Thank you for the chance and if I don't win send it anyaway because i know you have more coins.

Johnimage
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I won, they would go to my son.
    I like to make sure he learns from my 'mistakes' and can make his own decisions but have enough information to make good, reliable, decisions. In this case, I am trying to expose him to more than just what I like to collect. That way, he can choose and is not forced into any one path.

Learning tools is what it is all about for him right now.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Da-Bump for da Boomimage
    Ebay Seller I.D
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • just in time, heheheheh last day A.
    well i am guess you can call a newbe, hehehehe got the bug about 5 years ago. i am just now finley completing a few set. in the past years i have put totather ms-64+ sets. i have all the dollars back to the peace dollars witch i am still missing a few. all the hals back to 1950. just completed the roosevelt set. i am working on the washington Quarters and need about 17 more mints and the 36 to 42 proof. i do injoy the hobby very much, i do live in the sticks and there not much to do around here.
    i just like to tell my story to , hehehehehehehh
    i am not interesting in winning , so dont pick me, heheheheheheheeh good luck to all the newbes

john
    References

Loe-steelielee-bought 690. sale
    nate-grandrapidian-bought 70. sale
    Paul-commoncents-3500+ sales
    Ken-jfoot-sold-125.00 sale
    Mike-mozeppa-bought 1080. sale
    Dave-Badger-sale 560.00
    Lochness-sale 1,000. 00
    The Name coming out the hat is .................... Mojoman. Now, I know he, like bochiman, has a young son and although he stated something about keeping the items for the Christmas Fund, I appreciate the thought but have decided to send the items to you to give to your little boy, Tyler anyway.

Thanks to all that did enter.

• Does this mean I will not be getting the Double eagle ?image

Johnimage
  • WOW ,I just got home today from Rockford,Il ,Visting my Granddaughter and new Grandson Jakob
    I just found out Tyler won, image Thanks you Boom,I have not got my mail since Saturday lol, but will post a photo for all as soon as I can ,Again thank you image GOD BLESS and tak care,MoJoimage
    Ebay Seller I.D
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
    Nah. Not necessary Dave. Just let your little boy have a ball and enjoy the time with him. image
  • Thanks again, he is VERY HAPPY with them, and said BOOMER is a COOL guy image and said to thank you again and again image MoJo
    Ebay Seller I.D
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage