Home Metal Detecting
Options

A coinstar find thread...

Figured why not, I've been having pretty good luck...well I should say my little money sucking kidsimage..well today my middle child was the honory green machine bandit...I have 3 boys..9,7,2...and I pay them for silver they find...well he comes back with 27 cents...and wouldn't you know it ...a very nice 1947 rosie..and a very dirty 67rosie...a nickle..and a couple cents..so I offer him a buck for the silver..nope..he knows I paid his older brother 1.16 for the last one a few weeks back.image..with a little reminder from his mom of course...well to make a long story short ...if I wanted this nice specimen ...it was gonna cost me a flat..1.30...well I moaned and groaned but he stood firm even on my final offer of 1.25...so reluctantly I paid the little money sucker the xtra nickle..image...so he walked with a little chunk of change and I walked with a nice shiney 47 rosie....can't wait till xmas time...thats when they are kicking.....

thats, 6 silvers this year...3 quarters..3 dimes...and a bunch of foreign...
putting together a MS 60 and up Morgan set....60% complete...otlher 40% probably take the rest of the decade!

Comments

• Options
    Thats awesome that they bargain with you and hold to it.
  • Options
    Anyone remember the fee-free coinstars they had at the 2005 ANA in SF? I walked around and paid people a dollar to get all their rejects. After a couple of hours and about $30 spent, I had about 2 pounds of foreign, about 20 silver quarters, 25 silver dimes, and about a dozen clipped planchets. I was ecstatic!
  • Options
    wELL THE coinstar machine was quite busy at the local Kroger's..some lady was dumping buckets of pennies in it and was up to 24 bucksimage

Kids were going nuts waiting and finally said lets go..

ON the way out the wife saw a dime laying on the floor of the check out part...oldest goes and gets it...

well anyways...another 1953 rosie..

Paid a buck for that one too...Little Heevens..image
    putting together a MS 60 and up Morgan set....60% complete...otlher 40% probably take the rest of the decade!
  • Options
    Your kids are having a lucky run!
  • Options
    A 1987 Canadian LOON yesterday..pretty cool. 1dollar that is.
  • Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    Stopped by a local grocery store Saturday night to use the ATM right next to the coinstar machine, pulled these three from the reject bin:

I'm thinking maybe Friday and Saturday nights are a good time to check the reject bins- as change gets dumped for beer money.
  • Options
    Bill,

Off topic but that video of the chip thiefing gull just kills me!!

Mary
    Be Still and Know