Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

grading question???

i want to send some coins to get graded (cents-dollars) and i was wondering how can i go about doing that, i dont have a subscription anywhere and i want to go ahead and get them authenticated (a couple errors) and i also have some high grade wheat cents i want to get graded? any reccomendations???

gene2393

Comments

• Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    For PCGS click HERE.

For NGC click HERE.

More info would be helpful , such as are you an ANA member, how many coins do you want to slab, why do you want to slab them, and what the dates are.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    gene2393gene2393 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭
    here are a couple i want to get graded....

Montana Quarter(2007)

looking at that quarter there is something interesting about it... on the nostoril there is what looks like a piece missing, possible varietie?

1957d Wheat Cent
    imageimage
  • Options
    gene2393gene2393 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭
    oh yeah here is kind of a list of coins that i want to get:

41 Gold Washington Dollars

17 Higher Grade Looking Wheat Cent

1972 kennedy double die reverse (?)

1995 "Partial" 5 lincoln memorial cent

1982d Large Date Memorial Cent DDR (?)

1957d DDO Lincoln Wheat cent

1968s Lincoln Memorial Cent DDO (?)

1890o Morgan Dollar

1950 Booker T. Washington Commemorative

and a

1900 Barber Half
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    .....on the nostoril there is what looks like a piece missing, possible varietie?

Can't really tell by the image, but are you sure it's not just a hit on the nose?
    IMO, the '57D looks like there's rub on it, AU at best.

Personally I would save the money getting those graded & buy them that way.

If you feel strongly about them, take them to your local brick & mortar and see what they say before sending them in.
    Since you don't have a membership to PCGS (or NGC), you'll have to take them to an authorized dealer for submission anyway.

Other TPG allow direct submission, but I would only recommend ANACS if you were to go that route.

As for your 'other' list, where you looking for raw or graded coins?
    By your comment of higher end looking coins, I would presume raw.
  • Options
    NysotoNysoto Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robert Scot: Engraving Liberty - biography of US Mint's first chief engraver