Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

From Milwaukee: 1877 Indian Head Cent sells

for $149,500!! with buyers fee. Ex Alan Epstein specimen graded PCGS MS66RD.
Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.

Comments

• Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275

That's remakably exceptional. WOW
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how Alan feels?? image Didn't his entire collection bring 350K or so??
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spoke with Alan and he said WOW!

The coin was sold for $20K in 1996 and was bought into the Gougleman collection. In that sale (Superior) it was bought for a collector by dealer Michael Rubin for $75K I believe. This was just a few years after the Epstein sale, so Gougleman did very well. I remember, we all said "Rubin got someone and is burying him!" We'll Rubin died (suicide) and the collector held on to the collection and added stuff to it. So was he buried after all? I guess not. Time heals all burials when they are neat coins. I was the underbidder and was bidding as an investor (with a partner), not for a customer.

I don't think we'll see it on the registry until the collection is done. Will it have the MS68RD's? One has to wonder?

Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site: