Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

My Barber quarters are now in new safe hands

I'm at the ANA show in Milwaukee and have some great news, and some anguish at the same time.

I have sold my collection, partly to a couple of cool guys, and very passionate collectors; and the remainder to a national dealer, who will announce their purchase shortly.

The great part is the satisfaction of completing a tough series, in high grade, and the knowledge that another generation of Barber advocates can take up the hunt.

0f course, the anguish comes from the loss of the beautiful little round, ethnic, and colorful coins, that were with me over 7 years.

It took most of 2 days to complete the sale, a few bumps along the way, but I was working with super patient people, and I thank them for their indulgence. I know they will be diligent custodians of their new acquisitions, and that the dealer will find many new admirers of these super coins.

For the Barber quarter collectors out there, be sure to look for an announcement soon, that might be a new source for your needs. There will be grades from MS 64 thru 66, mostly PCGS graded.

My set has been deleted so that any buyers can post their newly acquired coins immediately.

Also, see Sunnywood's thread on the US Coin Forum for a better view of the great time we all had
TahoeDale

Comments

• Options
    NicNic Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool coins Dale. Glad I got to see a few before their new homes. Congrat.'s to the new owners! K

• Options
    Dale,

I only just saw this thread for the first time !! I rarely look at the Set Registry forum, so I apologize for not seeing this sooner. As one of the lucky "cool guys" image who gave some of Dale's colorful round silver pieces of American history a new home, I want to say "Thanks" again to a gentleman and a friend !!! The other "cool guy" doesn't post here, but he asked me to pass along his thanks as well.

Best,
    Sunnywood
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Congrat's Dale!. Super coins. Very nice article in this months PCGS "Rare Coin Market Report" also! image
  • Options
    DrPeteDrPete Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭
    Dale,

I understand why you deleted your current set, but the set could still remain as one of the All-time sets couldn't it?

Enjoyed seeing the quality coins you showed me.
    Dr. Pete
  • Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    On behalf of The Duck, he says it was a great opportunity to get numerous fantastic coins, as well.

• Options
    TahoeDaleTahoeDale Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭
    Peter,

The retired set was not 90% complete, missing the 1904, 07-D, 10 and 11 in PCGS, and about 5 additional coins that I owned in NGC slabs. That's why it could not remain as one of the all time sets.

I am really pleased that "The Duck" and Sunnywood thought the coins they purchased were worthy of their sets. These guys will buy only the best coins.

I did keep a few coins, the 1895s/s, 1897, 1898-O, and 1899.

TahoeDale
  • Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Peter,

The retired set was not 90% complete, missing the 1904, 07-D, 10 and 11 in PCGS, and about 5 additional coins that I owned in NGC slabs. That's why it could not remain as one of the all time sets.

I am really pleased that "The Duck" and Sunnywood thought the coins they purchased were worthy of their sets. These guys will buy only the best coins.

I did keep a few coins, the 1895s/s, 1897, 1898-O, and 1899. >>

I'd like to purchase those 4, please. image
  • Options
    Congratulations, TahoeDale. It's always a great feeling when the collection you labored over for years finds a happy home.

Best wishes,

Just Having Fun
    Jefferson nickels, Standing Libs, and US-Philippines rock