Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

CLOSE TO PERFECT COLLECTION PRICES REALIZED

It is very seldom that we Lincoln cent collectors get a chance to see the TRUE current market value of a COMPLETE Lincoln cent collection. Dan Close, by publically auctioning ALL his Lincoln coins, allows us to see what a truly great Lincoln cent collection is really worth. The 100 Memorial cent basic set did not sell as a complete set. It is hoped that Dan will eventually sell these coins individually so that we can see the total values of all 342 Lincoln cents. As it is, 242 coins were sold, 160 business strikes and 82 proof cents. Here is a summary showing that the sale realized $1,089,738 including the buyers fee. Bowers & Merena at their web site have each of the 242 coins listed and their prices realized for those interested.

The 140 regular wheat business strke coins realized $590,933
The 20 business strike varieties realized $286,892 ***
The 82 Proof cents realized $211,913

*** The 20 varieties are as follows:

1909 Doubled die
1909 S over horizontal S
1917 Doubled die
1922 No D Type 2
1936 Doubled die
1941 Doubled die
1943 D over D
1944 D over S Type 1
1955 Doubled die
1960 small date
1960D small date
1960D large date/small date
1969 Doubled die
1970S small date
1970 Doubled die
1971 Doubled die
1972 Doubled die
1983 Reverse Doubled die
1984 Doubled die
1995 Doubled die

Now it can honestly be said. A complete collection of Lincoln cents can REALLY be worth A MILLION DOLLARS!!!

Steve image

Comments

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Nice!
    I wonder how long the collection took to complete, how much work was involved, and the cost to put it together.....?

That really was an amazing set!

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    image Wow! A million dollar Lincoln set. image

image Geeze, one of Dan's coins is worth 3 times my whole set. image

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

WHEN 3 HIGH ROLLERS ARE BIDDING AGAINST EACH OTHER I CAN NOT EVEN RAISE MY HAND

STEWART
  • Options
    oh stew

you could of....but didnt because you already own them all

monsterman
    my goal is to find the monsters and i go where they are but i sometimes miss some.... so if you have any and want to sell IM THE BUYER FOR THEM!!!

out of rockets ...out of bullets...switching to harsh language