Home Stamps Forum
Options

Assistance in Evaluating a Collection of Stamps

I have what would probably be considered a small collection of stamps perhaps several hundred that I am interested in finding someone who can assist me with determining the value of them as well as the best way to offer them for sale properly and easily. The majority of the stamps came from either old letters from the early 1900's as well as from a great uncle who was a post master in a small west texas town in the early to middle 1900's. Most are in an album but some are not. I began to go through them with a Scott's price guide but as with other collectibles, it is much easier for one with experience and knowledge to go through that exercise.

Any suggestions?

Rey
Collection Link: myurl

Comments

• Options
    dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Could you post or give a link to some pics of the stamps? It is hard to identify/evaluate stamps from pics because one needs to look for faults and other identifying characteristics, but sometimes one can give a rough estimate by just the contents of the collection. The easiest way is to take it to several stamp dealers or shows and ask them for a quick value. Whereabouts did your great uncle live? I lived in central west texas for 30yrs.

BTW, nice coin collection you have.
  • Options
    If you live in a town with a local stamp club take the collection there for starters.