Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

2008, 2009, 2010 Australian Lunar Silver coins

Anybody know why they are releasing the rest of the series at the same time?
Seems kind of odd.

Comments

• Options
    So the Perth Mint can make more money this fiscal year? image

-Mike
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Just speculation on my part: Since they just completed the gold series with the Year of the Pig, maybe they are getting away from the Chinese Lunar series so they want to finish the silver series for the silver customers. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options

<< <i>Just speculation on my part: Since they just completed the gold series with the Year of the Pig, maybe they are getting away from the Chinese Lunar series so they want to finish the silver series for the silver customers. image >>

The dealer I buy them from says the same. He thinks they wanted to sync the end of the silver series with the gold version, which ended this year.
    Just be done with it, and move on to the next series for more potential $$$.
  • Options
    That makes sense...................................................
    Young Numismatist ............................ and growing!
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! I didn't know that until I read this post...thanks!

So, who has the best price, with shipping, for the last 3 coins? I need 2 sets of them to complete our sets.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭
    Pics?
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if it's the best price, but APMEX has a decent one. They are usually on the low side, and you can save on shipping by using a check/cashier's check (read their shipping fees section closely and you'll see their point). I ordered mine image

Cathy

linkage

• Options
    APMEX has great prices on the coins but their $9.95 shipping charge is a bit high.

I got my shipment of 2008 / 2009 / 2010 1 ounce coins yesterday due to manufacturing delays at the Perth Mint. Rumor has it that these coins will only be minted through August 31, 2007 which might put the mintage quantities at the extreme low end of this 12-coin silver lunar series which started back in 1999.

imageimageimage

SSP: I have these coins available on eBay or on my website for even less (see links below).

Thanks.

My eBay Auctions

Silver Eagle Coin Company Website
    Silver Chinese Pandas, Canadian Maple Leafs, Australian Kookaburras, Mexican Libertads, and Austrian Philharmonics NOW AVAILABLE at Excellent Prices!
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It definitely pays to read the APMEX shipping costs carefully and factor them in for the whole total for an order. If only you were the SilverANDGoldEagleCoins company imageimageimage. I'm happy to see you got the 2007 Libertads after all---order placed image

Cathy

BTW, for anyone interested in the annual silver bullion coins, I highly recommend the SilverEagleCoins company.

• Options
    Silvereagle82Silvereagle82 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It definitely pays to read the APMEX shipping costs carefully and factor them in for the whole total for an order. If only you were the SilverANDGoldEagleCoins company imageimageimage. I'm happy to see you got the 2007 Libertads after all---order placed image
    Cathy
    BTW, for anyone interested in the annual silver bullion coins, I highly recommend the SilverEagleCoins company. >>

I SECOND THAT !!!!
  • Options
    Ordered the mouse, ox, and tiger from John at Silver Eagle Coins, and they look great! Excellent customer service, too image

-Mike
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Are there more than one type of that Tiger. This Ebay Tiger appears to be Gold over silver and very attractive!
  • Options

<< <i>Are there more than one type of that Tiger. This Ebay Tiger appears to be Gold over silver and very attractive! >>

The gilded ones are the best looking ones, in my opinion.

The one I really want to get (in addition to a full collection of the gilded lunar series) is the diamond kilo dragon
  • Options
    Perth Mint is starting a second lunar silver series... Downies has an image of the "new" year of the mouse coin.

-Mike