It's not over, Now if it was over I would say ouch. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh. So what he's saying is that it's not a perfect system image
  • Options
    LostSislerLostSisler Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    LOL!
    Wow, that coin is worth more now that it has that story with it, lol. (jk)
    Def a 63! lol
    Because to Err is Human.
    I specialize in Errors, Minting, Counterfeit Detection & Grading.
    Computer-aided grading, counterfeit detection, recognition and imaging.
  • Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You roll the dice you- take your chances. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. Crackouts are always a gamble. This one is not over yet-he may still break even or get close to it. Bob
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel for him but I can't quite reach him.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since we now know the coin has been dipped (by NCS), it probably will hurt the selling price, but I doubt the seller really cares, it probably felt good for him to get the story out. Looks dipped out in the image as well.
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Why would you keep sumitting that coin 5+ times, it doesn't make any sense.
  • Options
    jhdflajhdfla Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭
    What a shame, another "conserved" coin...

John
  • Options
    LokiLoki Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>What a shame, another "conserved" coin... >>

Yeah, but they shine better thru the plastic. image
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A plumber can't help having his crack out.
    and just like a plumber..... other's risk showing the loss of a$$ets with the crackout~

I have bad puns, huh ?
  • Options

<< <i>Why would you keep sumitting that coin 5+ times, it doesn't make any sense. >>

• Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Why would you keep sumitting that coin 5+ times, it doesn't make any sense. >>

image >>

Because, as my business associate has said many times, that 99% of collectors spend real money on stuff that they have no idea about what they're looking at. That would include the eBay seller and certain posters to this thread.
  • Options
    Aegis3Aegis3 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭

Because deciding not to play the slab game would be walking away from slabamentalism, which can be tough for some kool-aid drinkers?
    --

Ed. S.

(EJS)
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "ouch" in that story is the guy thinking that thing was better than a 64 in the first place.

Sometimes a coin is in a particular slab for a reason. I look at that thing and really don't see a 64, so he's lucky to get it back.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Cracking that one out to begin with was Russian roulette with five live rounds in the chamber.
  • Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this one wouldn't get a sticker?
  • Options
    ram1946ram1946 Posts: 762 ✭✭
    No, DNAdave, this won't get a sticker.

The coin is my listing. No STONE, it was not submitted 5+ times. It was cracked, sent to PCGS, then to NCS/NGC and then to PCGS. Exclusive of the postage, my cost was the price of one submission, the other two being club coupons.

Yes, ebaytrader, it was a mistake. But to say I'm part of "...that 99% of collectors (that) spend real money on stuff that they have no idea about what they're looking at" is a subjective statement that you have no basis for. You don't know anything of my collection goals, how long I have been collecting, the price range of the coins I purchase and the expertise I may or may not have in this particular series. The coin appealed to me, I thought it would grade higher, took the leap of faith and lost. So be it. Have you been 100% right on every coin you've purchased, graded or looked at? If so, congratulations.

My collection of Buffalos is focused on 65, 66 and 67 PCGS coins. The PCGS is needed for marketability to my heirs, since neither my wife or kids know or care about coins. The coin no longer fit my collection since it couldn't cross to a 65.

I provided full disclosure. The other choice would have been to list the coin as a typical PCGS64 and let it auction that way. But I'm sure all would have done that. Right?
  • Options
    Ram1946, I commend you for your honesty in the auction description. Good luck on the auction!

Bob
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Just reach out and punch someone.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    MowgliMowgli Posts: 1,219
    I think he is pretty honest myself. People looking to get an upgrade do sometimes wind up with a BB and it sounded to me like he was just trying to get it back in the slabbed grade that he bought it in.
    In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.
  • Options
    I had a similar experience, cracking a ngc MS63 and getting a PCGS bodybag in return. The only difference being that the coin I submitted is now in an album and will spend the rest of it's days there. I dont play that resubmitting game, too much downside. As far as I'm concerned, Ram1946 is a stand up guy for giving that information in his auction listing.
  • Options
    AmigoAmigo Posts: 966

Good luck Ram. Appreciate the honesty
  • Options

<< <i>Ram1946, I commend you for your honesty in the auction description. Good luck on the auction! >>

i agree. i once had a proof frankie in a broken slab that was graded PR67. i thought it could go cameo so i took it out and sent it in. it did not go cameo and came back PR66

i could have done the reholder for $5 but i took the chance.

i put it on ebay also with the coins "story" . lost a little money on that one but such is life sometimes. good luck on your auction.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    DJCoinzDJCoinz Posts: 3,856
    Good luck on it ram. Not many people would be up front about it in the description. image
    aka Dan
  • Options
    Should have sent it in for a Sticker
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ram1946, I appreciate your candor and enjoy your prose style.
    Good luck with your collection. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file