Home U.S. Coin Forum

Got 4 Rolls of Kennedy Halves at the Bank Today and found... UPDATED 10-18***

I've had bad luck with Kennedy rolls, I've never found any keepers. That is until today...

The bank had 4 rolls so I bought them. And found...

3 x 1964-P
1 x 1966-P
12 x 1967-P
12 x 1968-D
3 x 1969-D

The oldest coins in all of the rolls was 1980.

Persistence pays off!

Comments

• This was one of the best ones... any guesses on what it might grade? Would it make MS65?

imageimage

Also had a nice 1964:

imageimage
  • tychojoetychojoe Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭
    Dang! 30 out of 80? Nice finds!! Not my series for grading, but the '68 looks dinged up enough for ms62-63? Both pretty nice for coming out of circulation rolls image
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now, you're talking! Nice batch of keepers. The '68 probably has a little too much stuff going on to be MS-65, but I bet it looks pretty good in-hand. The larger photo makes some things look more significant than they really are. I'd say it's probably MS-63+ to MS-64. How's the luster on both of them? I can't really tell from the photo, but they look like they might have some haze - not much, but some.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • I've been having a ball with searching Kennedy rolls for my Dansco. 17 rolls so far, and I've found some pretty nice ones. It's been a fun way to still collect something with spending a ton of money.
    Exclusively collecting Capped Bust Halves in VF to AU, especially rarity 3 and up.
    Joe G.
    Great BST purchases completed with commoncents123, p8nt, blu62vette and Stuart. Great coin swaps completed with rah1959, eyoung429 and Zug. Top-notch consignment experience with Russ.
  • LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've had bad luck with Kennedy rolls, I've never found any keepers. That is until today... The bank had 4 rolls so I bought them. And found... 3 x 1964-P 1 x 1966-P 12 x 1967-P 12 x 1968-D 3 x 1969-D The oldest coins in all of the rolls was 1980. Persistence pays off! >>

How could you have coins from 1964, 66, 67, 68 and 69 if the oldest coins were from 1980?
  • Doh! I meant newest....
  • SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797
    nice find, congrats!
  • DJCoinzDJCoinz Posts: 3,856
    Very nice! Beginners luck...imageimage
    aka Dan
  • So I picked up 3 more rolls today and....

6 40% halves!
    1 1974-D double die reverse. Kind of a poor man's double die (most pronounced on "dollar":

• I found a 1958 Franklin in a roll that also had a 2002 Kennedy in it!

• pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    nice pickups, although I doubt any of those would go over AU

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    should be able to buy those coins already graded in higher grades for less than the cost of grading yours.

nice finds tho

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • aus3000tinaus3000tin Posts: 369 ✭✭✭
    I guess those coins haven't seen the light of day since the high silver days of 1980.
    They've been sitting around for 27 years!!!
    There is still hope of finding a Walking Liberty Half in rolled coins from the local bank.

Thanks,

Chris

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file