Home U.S. Coin Forum

Kennedy Toners

Check out the toning on these Kennedy Halves in my Dansco Album!

Comments

• TACloughTAClough Posts: 1,598
    Nice. Looks like your 1982-P is the "no-FG" variety (error).image
  • jmj3esqjmj3esq Posts: 5,421
    I have had similar results on a few on my coins in my Danso albums. One of these days I will post a pic of the 1913 T1 Buffalo that has formed a very nice rainbow in under a year in my 7070. I think the right humidity and heat in a dansco will leave quite an impression on your coins. Do the anti corrosion covers do anything to slow the process?
  • 23Pairer23Pairer Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have had similar results on a few on my coins in my Danso albums. One of these days I will post a pic of the 1913 T1 Buffalo that has formed a very nice rainbow in under a year in my 7070. I think the right humidity and heat in a dansco will leave quite an impression on your coins. Do the anti corrosion covers do anything to slow the process? >>

The complete set has been in my safe for ~1year as well. The temp is usually in the low 70's, and a humidity meter shows 35%. I have several anti-humidity devices including a silica gel canister and 2 Sporlan Catch-All Activated Cores, part # RC-4864. Cool toning I think.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toning is nice, but are Dansco albums designed to inhibit corrosion, or to enhance it? I mean, this generation of collectors will appreciate the effects, but the coins are not really being preserved. Wouldn't Intercept Shield be the most effective way to preserve the coins?

By the way, nice toners!!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • fishteethfishteeth Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking halves and great pics.
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice pictures too!
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file