Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2001 Proof Set w/Silver State Quarters...

Why the Premium?

Also, was buying the proof set the only way to obtain the 5 silver quarter proofs?
imageimage
Collector of Early 20th Century U.S. Coinage.
ANA Member R-3147111

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why the Premium?

Also, was buying the proof set the only way to obtain the 5 silver quarter proofs?

The premium developed because there were fewer made than expected, and most people were on the rebound from the year before. The mintage numbers were printed incorrectly as being very low at first and were revised later, but they were still low in relative terms.

Yes, the silver quarters were only available in the Silver Proof Set.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    The Sacagawea dollar
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, yes........and the Sacagawea Dollar, lol.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    Yes the sac dollar is causing the premium too.
  • Options
    Yeah, I picked up 4 in the last few weeks.

The 2001 Proof is be bought, too

A big dealer has been out sniping for the last three months.
  • Options
    direwolf1972direwolf1972 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭
    Has anyone else noticed that the set goes for the mid to high 100's in OGP. But if you collect PR69Dcam like I'm putting together, the 2001 silvers aren't running that much more of a premium than the 2002-2007 sets. In fact 2007 silver quarters seem to be going for more in PR69Dcam than the same condition 2001's.

Did pick up a nice deal on a complete 2000 quarters only set (all 20 quarters) in PCGS plastic today. MS-66 for both P and D of all five coins, PR69Dcam for all five coins in clad and silver.

$26.00 plus a little high shipping ($19.00).

Even with the high shipping it brings the price to $2.25 per coin for all of the 2000 quarters.
    I'll see your bunny with a pancake on his head and raise you a Siamese cat with a miniature pumpkin on his head.

You wouldn't believe how long it took to get him to sit still for this.

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In My opinion its the sac dollar that carries the premium more so than the silver quarter issues from that year. Although, the sac dollars when listed individually for sale on e-bay (raw) dont bring near the listed values in the cdn. I had several that came in with a collection last month, and they brought about 70% of cdn.

The silver state quarters from 99 individually do quite well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file