Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Contest- 90s music lyrics....

This is a contest for a random PSA 10 from the 90s. Not the greatest decade in terms of music, but there were a few gems. Here are some of my favorite lyrics. In order to score points, you will have to finish the lyric and tell me the name of the person who sang it. Whoever gets the most points wins. Since anybody can do a simple google search for song lyrics, I ask that you answer without doing "research". And if you have to cheat on an internet forum contest, then I guess you need the card more than I do and it might be time for you to reevaluate things.

Many of these are fairly obscure, so if the lyric is pretty close I'll give it to you.

1) One time for your mind, ............
2) Got a car full of girls and it's goin real swell.........
3) Oh dear dad, can you see me now.........
4) I'm goin surfing cause I don't like your face......
5) You've come full circle, now you're home......
6) The more I sort it out, the more things get distorted.....
7) So you found a girl who thinks really deep thoughts.....

Tie-breaker- Who is my favorite musician/band of the 90s? (It's someone on this list)

Like I said, some of these are fairly obscure. I'd be surprised if someone gets them all. Contest ends at midnite or until somebody gets them all, whichever comes first.

Edit- Feel free to edit if it comes to you later. Also, please read the instructions carefully (looking in your direction onlyanumber).

Comments

• Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    this contest already sucks..

i have a killer wiggles list if anybody is interested?

j
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    1. one time Nas

2. The next stop is the east side motel Warren G

3. I am myself like you somehow Pearl Jam (Eddie Veder)

4. I'm bailing out cause I hate the race Weezer (Rivers Cuomo)

5. I hope this is not the end Dan Fogelburg

What's so amazing about really deep thoughts Tori Amos

Guessing Pearl Jam

edit to add: We have similar taste in music, but I did have to ask my music buff of a sister about the first two. No clue about # 6
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    onlyanumber- not a bad showing, but reread the instructions.
  • Options
    Dammit I edited. You can call me a dufus now Lee.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

• Options
    Changed the rules again. You can edit if you want cause people are probably going to try and steal answers so you should be able to steal theirs.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Dammit I edited. You can call me a dufus now Lee. >>

Can I as well? DUFUS!

Thanks
  • Options

<< <i>

Can I as well? DUFUS!

Thanks >>

you suck.

• Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    thank you lee i will steal matts answers lol, i havnt heard of one of them lol, going to watch dodgers and billboard head play and get booed lol
    the rube
    how about some good ol hipppy music lol,
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image I give up.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    1. one time Nas

2. The next stop is the east side motel Warren G

3. I am myself like you somehow Pearl Jam (Eddie Veder)

4. I'm bailing out cause I hate the race Weezer (Rivers Cuomo)

5. I hope this is not the end Dan Fogelburg
    6. Someday I Suppose - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Dicky Barrett

7. What's so amazing about really deep thoughts Tori Amos

Edit to add Dicky Barrett and to note I stole most of the answers from onlyanumber.

Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Can I as well? DUFUS!

Thanks >>

you suck. >>

• Options
    RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    2) Got a car full of girls and it's goin real swell.........

Nate Dogg- One of my favorite songs of all time...

Actually sang this song acapella in Rehab... We use to have karoake but it was for mostly alcoholics so they called it soberoake...

(By the way, the above is a true story)...

See... http://www.sierratucson.com/
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Opps....I noticed I cheated and looked up the Mighty Boss Tones signer's name. (You don't expect me to read anyone's post past line 5 or 6 do you CDnuts?)

Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Wow, I thought you guys had taste. I might have to find a new forum. onlyanumber and meteoriteguy are the only ones invited to come with me. One hour left.
  • Options
    chbchb Posts: 212

<< <i>Actually sang this song acapella in Rehab >>

That's the kind of behavior that should put you in rehab image
  • Options
    lees'sfav band-pearl jam
  • Options
    Wow, you guys suck. I'm letting this go til noon tomorrow. onlyanumber will get a consolation prize if someone else wins for being the best so far.
  • Options
    LMOA- we suck- can i have 88 topps wrapper or a piece or gum for guessing your favorite band
    the rube
  • Options
    By far the worst turnout of any CU contest ever. Not sure if it was because it was too hard or you all don't care anymore. onlyanumber is the clear winner since Meteoriteguy admits that he took most of his answers. Here are the answers:

1) "One time for your mind, two times for your soul. Three four the graveyard and the money I stole."- Rob Aston (Skinhead Rob) rapping on Rancid's "Red Hot Moon"
    2) "Got a car full of girls and it's goin real swell, the nexst stop is the Eastside Motel."- Nate Dogg on Warren G's "Regulate"
    3) "Oh dear dad, can you see me now. I am myself, like you somehow"- Eddie Vedder on Pearl Jam's "Release"
    4) "I'm goin surfing cause I don't like your face. I'm bailing out because I hate the race."- Rivers Cuomo on Weezer's "Surfwax America"
    5) "You've come full circle, now you're home. Without the gold, without the chrome."- Elton John from "Measure of a Man" on the Rocky V soundtrack. Terrible movie, but I suggest you download this song.
    6) "The more I sort it out, the more things get distorted. I sort of think I'm better off just leaving it unsorted."- Dicky Barrett on The Mighty Mighty Bosstones "Someday I Suppose"
    7) "So you found a girl who thinks really deep thoughts. What's so amazing about really deep thoughts?"- Tori Amos on "Silent All These Years"
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    el debarge,

who was your favorite band for those of us anxiously waiting?

that was quite an eclectic blend of music, very cool.

j
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    Pearl Jam
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Pearl Jam >>

I figured you for more of a Alice in Chains or Soungarden kind of guy.
  • Options
    I thought for sure it would have been Air Supply
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought for sure it would have been Air Supply >>

• Options
    whew as it wasnt the culture club or milli vanilli we still b tight lee lol
    randy