Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone get their Littlerock Coin and Metal Set?

fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
The coin and metal in mine are awesome strikes. The silver is no doubt an early die strike. The coin cartwheels like WOW.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

Comments

• Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    hmmm. Maybe I should open mine.image
  • Options

<< <i>The coin cartwheels like WOW >>

OK, an obvious newbie question.....What does it mean to say a coin "cartwheels"?

Thanks!

FloridaBill
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The coin cartwheels like WOW >>

OK, an obvious newbie question.....What does it mean to say a coin "cartwheels"?

Thanks!

FloridaBill >>

Bill,

If you rotate a coin in a circurlar motion while keeping the coin moving at no more than maybe 30 degrees from flat the luster dances on the surface. The more luster the better the coin looks. If you have a silver eagle give it a try. The earlier the strike the less flaws (and less die wear). I think the earlier the more it dances, but it may take a few coins being struck before they really dance.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    jhusmanjhusman Posts: 1,082
    Yes, mine are fantastic. I only opened one (couldn't help it) and ?I was pleasantly surprised that the medal is the same size as the coin. I was led to believe it was smaller. The packaging I'd give a "c" but the coin and medal are a+.
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't opened mine yet.
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    Got mine last week, and there are some small finish breaks on the coin, the medal looks fantastic. I think the packaging could have been nicer.

• Options
    My two sets came in Tuesday's mail. Trying to decide to open them or not. The two Unc. coins I ordered left a lot to be desired. There were rub marks on the stair bannisters, the letters and the edges of the school building. I mentioned in an earlier thread that since the standard for modern commems is MS-69 I doubted that my two would get that grade. If I never open them I don't know if there are rub marks or not. There is really no more detail of the LR's than on the West Point coins and the WP's are beautiful. To open or not to open, that is the question.
    "Im not young enough to know everything."
    Oscar Wilde

Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
  • Options
    Mine arrived on Monday. The coin has a few tiny shiny spots, but the medal is very nice. Overall a nice set of coins. The packaging is par for these sets over the past few years.

Eric
    EAC member since 2011, one third of the way through my 1793 large cent type set

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file