Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What transactions have you decided over the flip of a coin ?

image ?
TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image

Comments

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Do I buy the pepperoni or the sausage?
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭

<< <i>Do I buy the pepperoni or the sausage? >>

So what did you get?
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    Whether i should open this thread or not....i got tails and here i am imageimage
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    Rock/paper/scissors works much better for me! why hurt a coin?

• Options
    MrSpudMrSpud Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭
    Once I bought a coin from the mint that sold out. I flipped it for over 100% profit on e-bay and used the money to make a transaction involving buying a nice coin for my collection. image
  • Options
    MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
    As I recall it was heads I stay married, tails I get divorced. Hey, look at the bright side. I got to keep the coin. I got to keep all of the coins.
    They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    FletcherFletcher Posts: 3,294
    Every coin that I have ever purchased from or sold to McIntosh Coins ... I'm 9 and 1 image

• Options
    BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    How about heads I drive the repo wrecker and you hook the chains, or tails you drive the repo wrecker and I hook the chainsimageimageimageimageimageimageimage true storyimage
    AKA kokimoki
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
    Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
    To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
    [L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]
  • Options
    When I bought my house in the late 80's (1987 rings a bell) I flipped acoin to determine whether or not to lock in on a fixed rate or let it float to see if it would continue downwardas they had been. Then Pres Regan envoked sanctions, on I think China a few weeks later and the rate went up. That meant about $ 35.00 more a month for 30 years. Thankfully I was able to remorgage a number of times to lower rates. That was the last time I flipped a coin to decide anything.
    Missing My Life -PSA-Please Watch- 30 seconds could help someone you know

"If I say something in the woods, and my wife isn't around to hear it. Am I still wrong?"
  • Options
    HalfsenseHalfsense Posts: 600 ✭✭✭
    Here's a link to a web site that lets you flip a 1913 Liberty Head nickel.

Flip the Eliasberg specimen 1913 Liberty nickel

It is part of a web site that lets you choose from all kinds of US and world coins to randomly (and digitally) flip. Here's the URL for the home page:

Random.org coin flip home page

Enjoy!
    -donn-

PS: About six years ago, when Dwight Manley owned the Eliasberg specimen, he and I sent a photo of the coin to Random.org to be included on the web site. That's how the site got the image.
    "If it happens in numismatics, it's news to me....
  • Options
    I carry an 1886 Cartwheel as a pocket piece, I can't count the times over the last eighteen years i've used it to decide if I would take someone to jail or not for a minor warrant or something small.
    Heads you get a warning tails go strait to jail do not pass goimage
    Support your local gunslinger, you never know when you'll need him
  • Options
    BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I carry an 1886 Cartwheel as a pocket piece, I can't count the times over the last eighteen years i've used it to decide if I would take someone to jail or not for a minor warrant or something small. >>

I certainly hope thats not true. I would hope an officer would take several things into account when deciding whether to haul someone off to jail or let them slide for what you call a "minor warrant or something small". I mean sheesh, shouldn't the persons attitude matter?? Their immediate family circumstance?? Their immediate working status?? to think someone would decide who goes to jail or not by the flip of a coin is to me repulsiveimage Some dipstick goes free cause it ends up heads, and some family guy, struggling to make ends meet goes off to the slammer cause some cop likes to flip his pocket piece and play god with someones life and future?????? Sorry, but thats sickeningimage
    AKA kokimoki
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
    Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
    To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
    [L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BRdude---Boothill40 had a winky face so I think he was kidding us. You need to chill. image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file