Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

price range~risk~and quality????

For those who buy/sell/trade on here do tell~

what is the most sellable price range and most desirable "ranges"
in type coin grades and prices to post on here for positive results?

I have sold maybe 30 coins on here but am surprised at what does not sell for me 9really rare or high grade)coins
and what does,(commercial common type coins~)

maybe Type coins are just not popular here/

any expert thoughts on these issues?
Thanks

live each day like it's your last but don't count on it!

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    prices from less than $10 to thousands of dollars work well here for properly graded type coins. People REALLY want to see pictures of the coins before making a commitment.
  • Options
    it's gotta be cheaper than someone can hop on ebay and buy it for too.
  • Options
    BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    good pics, good return policy, and good dealsimage Seems to me type coins do best here, but nearly everything gets sold here at one time or another. it also seems coins in the less than $1000 range, and probably between $10 and maybe $400 seem to go faster. Just from my observations anywayimage
    AKA kokimoki
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
    Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
    To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
    [L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

<< <i>it's gotta be cheaper than someone can hop on ebay and buy it for too. >>

I agree with cb up to a point. Nice pictures can show a coin that has great eye appeal and trump a cheaper ebay coin. Besides dealing with forum members is "almost always" easier and safer than ebay.
    Dan
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm always waiting for nice seated and bust coins to be offered on here.
  • Options
    tychojoetychojoe Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭
    First, skip this if you really want only expert thoughts. No credentials for that image But my experiences may be useful, even if you've had more.

As cullenbryant says above, and as a member said to me, bargains are the expectation. What moves are 1)monsters priced with restraint; and 2) quality priced at dealer bid, and slightly or much better.

I don't know why you're not getting the prices you want for your type, rare, and/or high grade coins. What are your expectations? For strong money, sell the coin with balanced descriptions and pictures. For near average guidebook money, try including free insured delivery. For quick money, start with the lowest sell price you can live with.

I've bought plenty but sold little, so that's just my experience. I hope there was something useful for you, from a buyer's perspective.

[As for the common stuff, yep I'm in there buying that too -- Slabbed Lincolns in MS-66 RD for $5 delivered and Blue Ikes for $4 each, for example, are ones not to be passed image ]