Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How long do you wait?

Before you take steps at reporting an item not received on Ebay?

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the situation. Is the seller not replying to your emails?
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    how long has it been, and what does the other guys feedback look like?i bid on something last month and waited a month,then just did a paypal chargeback on em, people like those lol, ive had 2 on me already ,i think they suck!1 was legit as i messed something up, one wasnt even for me ,but some goober with a 0 - got item # wrong ,so i got screwed on it too,thanx ebay and paypal -love chargeback, not!
    randy
    try emailing them everyday about 10 times, usually does the trick for me,drive em nuts
  • Options
    There are a lot of variables that determine that, sometimes there are legitmate reasons for a delay, a lot depends on how cooperative the seller is. I bought a card the first of July, after a couple of weeks I emailed the seller and he told me he had mailed it July 5th and to let him know if it didn't show up, so I waited and it showed up July 27th and sure enough it was postmarked July 5th.
  • Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    Guy isn't replying to emails. Feedback of 34 - 100% pos.
    I think I may have jumped the gun here. It looks like he hasn't really been very active on Ebay in the last couple weeks.
    Maybe I should have just waited a while longer. Oh well.
  • Options
    I just reported one myself tonight. Today was the 11th day as I paid vial PayPal on July 21st. I sent him an email yesterday and he hasn't responded so today I went ahead and filed a dispute.

I always wait 10 days and send an email first. If they don't respond within 24 hours then I file a PayPal dispute. His item description stated that it would be mailed Priority Mail which only takes 2-3 days. So in my opinion it has been plenty of time.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    I'm waiting on some cards from canada from 7/1. The seller responded every time I sent a message, fast friendly responses. But I'm a month later and no cards.

I have to file at 45 days or lose the right to file. Not sure what to do, it's only $60 or so and a good seller, my first time buying there. I know canada's mail system is pretty corrupt so I wish he had used insurance but he didn't. I hope they come soon.

If you used paypal the seller should be able to give you a tracking #. If he can't then make sure you file before 45 days after the end of the auction. If you don't file within 45 days of the date of the payment then paypal will do nothing for you.

• Options
    If the seller will reply to emails and/or explain the situation, I'll wait right up to the 45 day limit. If the seller won't reply or their explination sounds made-up less than a month. I bought an item from a seller in June that it turns out he didn't have in stock when I made the purchase. He tried to find the one card (or of a lot of about 20 cards) at 2 shows, and still couldn't come up with one. He gladly refunded my money.

I had one seller send the wrong card, then put the card I was supposed to receive back up on eBay. I tried contacting him several times, and after about a month after the end of the auction (and 2 weeks after the last email response from the seller) I started the complaint process. He was more than willing to refund my money at that point.
    2001-2014 Topps Heritage complete!
  • Options

<< <i>I'm waiting on some cards from canada from 7/1. The seller responded every time I sent a message, fast friendly responses. But I'm a month later and no cards.

I have to file at 45 days or lose the right to file. Not sure what to do, it's only $60 or so and a good seller, my first time buying there. I know canada's mail system is pretty corrupt so I wish he had used insurance but he didn't. I hope they come soon.

If you used paypal the seller should be able to give you a tracking #. If he can't then make sure you file before 45 days after the end of the auction. If you don't file within 45 days of the date of the payment then paypal will do nothing for you. >>

Jim,

I just had a card come from Canada, and it took forever! Give it until the last day or so if you trust the seller.
    #10 PSA Set for Topps Baseball currently on eBay under seller deeppurple1.