Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone using PO Boxes for Mint Items ?

aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

I have my spouses coming to a PO box. I've gotten regular products delivered there, but what will happen with the spouses ??

Anyone get a delivery to a PO box for their spouse gold coins?

Comments

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, The mint ships most of there stuff with FedEx that does NOT deliver to Post Office Boxes. Unless your Credit Card bill goes to a P.O. they probably wont ship to a P.O. Box
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No, The mint ships most of there stuff with FedEx that does NOT deliver to Post Office Boxes. Unless your Credit Card bill goes to a P.O. they probably wont ship to a P.O. Box >>

My CC does go to the PO Box.

• Options
    I have my billing address at my post office box. The Mint always ships to my box, and if it is an expensive item, it is shipped registered.
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    they do ship to po boxes but ship registered SNAIL MAIL. takes about 2 weeks to receive - no kidding.

i believe the USM will start monitoring these shipments to PO boxes. they are hell bent on making sure household limits are followed.

it doesnt take much for one govt agency to check with another to see who applied for the box and thier residence address.....
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I have in the past, but the snail mail was so slow I now use my home address.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    JapanJohnJapanJohn Posts: 2,030
    I receive my mint stuff at a PO Box at a military FPO address. Most things come registered and like someone else pointed out it takes a couple weeks. No problems. My credit card bill is the same as the shipping address.

John
    Coin Photos

Never view my other linked pages. They aren't coin related.
  • Options
    I only use a post office box, not a mail box for security reasons.
  • Options
    I use a PO Box for US Mint shipments.
    I can't be home during the day to sign for a FedEx package.
    The US Mint usually ships coins PARCEL POST and Registered to PO Boxes.
    It usually takes around 10 days to arrive.
    If it were FedEx shipped, it would get here overnight (if I am here to sign for it).
    They did mail my First Spouse coins Priority, which only took 4 days.
  • Options
    ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭
    I also use a PO Box for my US Mint purchases. The products are sent to me by registered parcel post which takes longer (like 4 - 7 days). I can't be home to pick up Fedex packages and the drive to the Fedex delivery center is far away. The positive is that my Post Office opens at 7am and closes at 7pm M-F and from 7am -12pm Sat. This works well for me.
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    I use a private mail box (mailboxes etc). costs a little more but they accept all forms of shipments including friends dropping things off. I know them by first name like I lived in MO rather than CA. I don't have to fill out a form to tell them to hold my mail when I go out of town and spouses show up as scheduled. Oh yeah, they call me at work when I've got a package to make sure I know by to stop before closing time. If I can't make it before closing I have a key to get my smaller mail 24/7.

I've also heard that the mint shipping registered is very slow. Fedex is overnight.

--jerry
  • Options
    I use a PO with a CC billed to same. Fed-Ex delivers to PO who delivers to me. The only problem is that I had some 2006 ASE sets arrive without any standard exterior postmarks (possibly problematic for First Strike eligibility).

[Edited for the usual typo]

"Giving away an MS-65 $20 St. Gaudens to everyone logged in when I make my 10,000th post..."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file