Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

eBay con -- has this happened to you?

I just got this mail today -- very strange. How should I reply?

"Hi doctor daddy,

I'm a widowed mom with two boys and tring to make some extra money selling on ebay, to help with the bills I've been selling for about 3 year now but havn't been doing very weel for the past year... I was looking at some baseball cards and say how well you are doing with selling baseball cards and would very much be greatful if you could help me do as good as you are... I have many bills to pay and almost no income... I will understand if you don't want to help me you probaly thing this is a scam or something but I'm telling you the truth this is so embarising for me but I have no where else to turn for help..

Thank you for your time image

Roslinda..."

[member = rosalinda429 on eBay]

Comments

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I got that last week. I sent her a PSA 10 93 Finest Orestes Destrade I had lying around. It's just a common, so I figured what the hell.
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    I would ask how she wants you to help. Does she have cards for you to sell for her on consignment? Is she simply asking for free handouts (I would never give because they usually are scams). Does she want you to help identify certain cards years..........
    My bet is that it is a scam.
    Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    ask her for her picture
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tough call
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She hasnt said how he wants you to help.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    be sure her address isn't the same as Jgarci11's
  • Options
    chbchb Posts: 212
    Sorry, but I don't believe a word of it. But if you want to respond, I'd point her in the direction of the ebay mentoring groups--not sure exactly where those links are but a quick search should bring it up for her.

Also, wonder why in her e-mail to you every 3rd word is misspelled but no such problems in her listings or feedback comments...
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    never gotten that one yet,the give me your bank accout # because im a fleeing ugandan king with 80 millin dollars is a lways a good one,whichever version of it you get lol,and people get suckered into em too, imagine if you only sent out 100,000 emails a day wanting bank accout #s,and got 100 stupid people who gave em to ya, house cleaning lol
    rube
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>ask her for her picture >>

·p_A·
  • Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    How far is COWAN HEIGHTS from CLOVIS? hee hee
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>ask her for her picture >>

>>

And send her this link.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    ask her on a date. Go from there.
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭