Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Why would a coin be in a holder posioned this way.....

Could it be because of a rotated reverse? The coin is in a rattler and has no comments. Am I correct in saying that rattlers never had comments? Sorry but no picture of the reverse is available.

Comments

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an old rattler holder. Coins were loose in there and often times would roll around.
  • Options
    pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355
    She's looking for her sticker.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    Nah, they don't call those holders "rattlers" for nothing....

If you hold the edge of the holder and tap the opposite side agains your other palm....you will notice that the coin will rotate in the holder.
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭

<< <i>She's looking for her sticker. >>

Looking straight at the insert.......

TC71
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭

TorinoCobra71
  • Options
    theumptheump Posts: 634 ✭✭

<< <i>Nah, they don't call those holders "rattlers" for nothing....

If you hold the edge of the holder and tap the opposite side agains your other palm....you will notice that the coin will rotate in the holder. >>

I know coins can turn in a rattler, but I have never seen one turn 90 degrees.
  • Options
    She is miffed, she was looking for a 65.
  • Options
    ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Nah, they don't call those holders "rattlers" for nothing....

If you hold the edge of the holder and tap the opposite side agains your other palm....you will notice that the coin will rotate in the holder. >>

I know coins can turn in a rattler, but I have never seen one turn 90 degrees. >>

It's not unusual.
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Nah, they don't call those holders "rattlers" for nothing.... If you hold the edge of the holder and tap the opposite side agains your other palm....you will notice that the coin will rotate in the holder. >>

I know coins can turn in a rattler, but I have never seen one turn 90 degrees. >>

When tapping to return to normal if they keep rotation in the wrong direction you have to just take them throught 360 degrees. Shipping can cause them to rotate if they get orientated in a vibrating plane or truck in a way that spins them you don't know how many revolutions they may make between omaha and frisco. --jerry
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

With a heavier coin, such as this Morgan, you
    don't even have to tap it to get it to rotate in
    a 1st generation holder.

If you just hold the slab vertically and rotate
    the holder in either direction, you can position
    the coin in any you want.

~

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen a few rotated 180 degrees. The ones positioned correctly have probably been rotated 360 & 720 degrees. image
    MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file