Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My son and I are back from Cooperstown

We just went up for the day and crammed in as much as we could --- had an amazing time.

Pictures below are some of the hightlights

Son with Bob Feller on the street and getting his auto, with Gary Carter, and under a Cooperstown sign.
Had to get a couple of things signed by Gary Carter
First is a copy of the 2003 ballot that they send to the Baseball
Writers when they voted in 2003 - also signed by Jack O'Connell the BBWAA Secretary
Second is a pumpkin that I craved.
Just an amazing day.
Mike
Gary Carter Fans check out www.thekid8.com

Comments

• Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Nice photos....Feller is a true good guy.

Your should send that pumpkin in to get slabbed.

Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for you! Great pics!
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    A day you'll both surely treasure.. seeing stuff like this makes me want to have kids..

Nice Pumpkin!

- Garret
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice photos....Feller is a true good guy.

Your should send that pumpkin in to get slabbed.

Mark >>

My grandpa's all-time favorite player (he's been an Indians fan since 1948) and Mr. Feller is celebrating his 45th anniversary of his HOF induction. Way to go Bob!image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    thekid8thekid8 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭
    A few more:

Main Street at 8:00 AM

and Main Street at 12:00 PM

at the Induction Ceremony

and last of all the HR list in the Hall will be the last time Hank Aaron is on top.

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    My Brother and I was there too, what a weekend!!! I can't believe how packed it was on Sunday!! I had the brilliant idea of us riding our bikes to and from the induction ceremony, and boy were we lucky!! We parked at one of the bus lots on Route 26, and rode our bikes from there to the field. Once Ripken's speech was finished, we packed our stuff and rode back to the lot (3 miles away). We beat EVERYBODY out of there!! We were stuck in traffic for no more than three minutes, as opposed to some of the horror stories I've heard about that took people three or more hours to get out of there.

Here's a pic of my Brother and I at the 15' Tall Ripken Jersey (I'm on the right):

Here's a pic of Pete Rose's signature on that jersey (someone defaced it obviously)... still not convinced it was him who signed it anyway:

Had a great time!!
  • Options
    I also snapped a pic of Monte Irvin:

• Options
    I don't have a pic but Bill "the spaceman" Lee had a large group of people cracking up at his table

• Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    ha,lmao, not a real pete, but funny non the less lol-the ought to let him in,did don mattingly get in sometinme without me knowing it, a fews years there i lost interest back in late 80-early 90's, i dont even know when he retired, great pics!!!!
  • Options
    chbchb Posts: 212
    Great stuff! Reminds me of my trip to the football HOF with my father when I was a kid.

BTW: Ripken is 15 feet tall?! He looks so much smaller on tv.
  • Options
    Well, he was the tallest shortstop in his time, lol.
  • Options
    I live in Canton Ohio, so it was strange to see the difference between Canton and Cooperstown. I've lived here for 27 of my 30 years on this earth, and I've never attended a single induction ceremony! Heck, I avoid the area around the hall like the plague! I couldn't imagine what the Cooperstown residents thought when 100,000 people came rolling into town last weekend...
  • Options
    Gotta ask... So what was Gary's reaction to the pumpkin?

• Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    will psa grade the pumpkin lol, probably if it will fit in a football felmet plastic thing, that is cool!
    the rube
  • Options
    Gary got a kick out of it as did some of the other people standing in line. Needed something unique therefore the pumpkin image

• Options
    As of a few seconds ago Mr. Aaron stays on top for another day

• Options

<< <i>As of a few seconds ago Mr. Aaron stays on top for another day >>

Ford Frick gave Roger Maris an asterisk which everyone knew was non existant.
    Barry Bonds wont receive an asterisk, but his public recognition of the record will always carry one.

I'd rather live with the first over my head than the second....
  • Options
    I agree

• Options
    LWMMLWMM Posts: 471
    Nice pumpkin! Is there any way to keep it from rotting?
    Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Yep
    Always get the fake one ~~~ no rot, no smell

• Options
    I was there with my son last week too . . .
    What a Blast !

I had forgotten how much fun and exciting that place was .

It's about a 5 hour drive or so from my house on Long Island so it isn't that bad .