Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ryan Howard: '01 U.D. PP or '03 Bowman Chrome?

Which is his best, true rookie? is the '01 card considered a minor league issue?
"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I consider the '03 cards his rookie cards...

As for best, true 2003 card, that is open for debate, but '03 Chrome is a good base choice. (As is his Donruss Elite Extra Edition)
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Marc. So why is the '01 U.D. PP not considered a rookie if it came out 2 years earlier? image
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks Marc. So why is the '01 U.D. PP not considered a rookie if it came out 2 years earlier? image >>

Because the issue was really just players that had been selected in the 2001 draft. It wasn't even a minor league issue, it was a Upper Deck issue of people who had just been selected in the draft, well before they even started to get integrated into minor league ball.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.