Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Do T202's have a natural wavy cut to them?

There's some T202's in the current Goodwin auction.

I don't know alot about the set...but do they usually have a natural wavy cut like this?

Comments

• Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    That wavy cut is not uncommon. I can't help you out on what they used to cut them back then.
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    The wavy cut is characteristic of the issue. My guess is that the cards were folded prior to cutting. If you follow the appearance of the wave at the top, it changes at the fold so that the top edge at one side of the fold is the mirror image of the other side.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On another note, T201's are the same way...they were folded prior to being cut.

Steve
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The wavy cut is characteristic of the issue. My guess is that the cards were folded prior to cutting. If you follow the appearance of the wave at the top, it changes at the fold so that the top edge at one side of the fold is the mirror image of the other side. >>

That is correct.

You can photoshop the image to see the effect -- it's a useful learning exercise for anyone starting to collect T-202s
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.