Home PSA Set Registry Forum

I feel like Poppin a Cork!

After 7 years or so, I have finally completed 61 BB in PSA 8 or better. This is my first completed set in PSA 8, so now I have only 70 something sets to go to overtake Davillilo image.
I'm gonna get me a bottle of Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill tonight to celebrate! image
Link to Set
Collecting Vintage Baseball.
My ebay listings

Comments

• lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    Congrats.......image

Sadly it will be a screw top on the Boone's farm
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    Congrats!
  • fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    Nice work!

Boones farm! bring back college memories

if you completed the 1989 Topps set, what would you pop then? a can of Milwaukee's Best?
  • Awesome !!
  • bifff257bifff257 Posts: 751 ✭✭

Man great Job... The 61's are a beautiful set...........

Congratulations...

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!

• << <i>Nice work!

Boones farm! bring back college memories

if you completed the 1989 Topps set, what would you pop then? a can of Milwaukee's Best? >>

After this quest, Boone's Farm is all I can afford!
    My ebay listings
  • Great job! I love the '61's, there are some toughies in that set!

Dan
    "If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scene, they will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines!" - Marine Corps Hymn
  • FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Great job! What next???

Frank
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations! I am still four cards short(3-7s, 1-9PD). I will get there one day when I loosen the purse strings. Ony two of the cards I need to upgrade are tough (Cerv and Gibbon).
  • drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    that is an awesome set, congratulations on a nice accomplishment. Like others have said, what's next?
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great work. How'd you come upon the Gibbon in 9? You have strong examples of the tough commons. I still have about 20% to go including many of the low pops. Let me know if you have any dupes available (Psa 8 or better).
  • marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, Kurt!! You finished it off with a flair....9's in Wills, Gibbon and Cunningham. What a great set!
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Thanks for the nice comments.

<< <i>Great job! What next???

Frank >>

I am currently about 2/3 done with 62 Topps BB in 8 or better, although I don't expect to finish in my lifetime with some of those tough low pops. One day, I would also like to complete a 67 Topps set, which I think is the best looking set of the 60s.

<< <i>Great work. How'd you come upon the Gibbon in 9? You have strong examples of the tough commons. I still have about 20% to go including many of the low pops. Let me know if you have any dupes available (Psa 8 or better). >>

John, I bought the Gibbon 9 from Rob McBride. I had a dupe dead-centered Gibbon 8 that I sold on ebay about 6 or 8 months ago for $842. It was the highest price I had ever tracked on an 8 and I had been tracking them for years. The extra 8 I have now is even better, although I don't expect it to go that high this time, but you never know. The Cerv in my set I "lucked up" on - bought it on an ebay Buy It Now for $200 in June '04 - I snatched that baby up in a heartbeat. The current Gentile is an upgrade from an original normal off-centered 35/65 side-to-side, which I sold at the same time as the Gibbon, for $743. It's amazing to me that I sold a PSA 8 Chico Cardenas for about $2 and a PSA 8 Joe Gibbon for $842 at about the same time... mind boggling.
    My ebay listings
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations!!
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

great job! Go with "Franzia" a BOX o' wine for 10 bucks image
  • cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Congrats Kurt! Great job on completing that large set.
    It takes a lot of dedication and preserverence (sp) to accomplish that.

How about selling me back that Whitey Ford? I sure miss it.

Regards,
    Rich
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Great Job!!!!
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)

• << <i>Congrats Kurt! Great job on completing that large set.
    It takes a lot of dedication and preserverence (sp) to accomplish that.

How about selling me back that Whitey Ford? I sure miss it.

Regards,
    Rich >>

Rich, I still have the Ford, along with all the other blazers you sold me. That Ford is really a tough card to find that nice. However, my favorite from you is the Clemente, not a rare card at all, but that is best 8 ever. Thank you sir!

My ebay listings
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    nice work!!!!

what's next??
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Congrats!!!image
  • imageimage
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies